The Health Specialist (LPN) at Maximus will primarily provide advanced clinical inquiry responses (verbal and written) to health-related inquiries from consumers, educators and medical/health professionals including State and local health departments and other government offices related to COVID-19.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
– Provide advanced clinical inquiry responses (verbal and written) to health-related inquiries from consumers, educators and medical/health professionals including State and local health departments and other government offices.
– Provide subject matter expertise on COVID-19 prevention/mitigation measures, vaccination, disease management, travel and other restrictions and requirements, and public health activities such as reporting, case management, and contact tracing.
– Provide information and assistance to individuals with physical and other disabilities and individuals with limited/no access to COVID-19 vaccination to access appointments, transport services, and other needed services to successfully complete COVID-19 vaccination.
– Respond to COVID-19 inquiries resulting from current events such as outbreaks, natural disasters, and other events.
– Respond to medical personnel and clinicians in both verbal and written formats.
– Perform advanced database searches.
– Perform assigned work in accordance with quality assurance measures.
– Associate Degree with one year of clinical nursing experience required.
– Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
– One of the following licenses are required: LPN, LVN, R.N., N.P., or P.A.
– English or Bilingual (English/Spanish).
– Experience providing patient support or consultation over the phone.
– Proficient internet search skills.
– Proficient in Microsoft Office including Teams and ability to learn and utilize software applications.
– Excellent listening, comprehension, communications (verbal and written), problem solving and customer service skills.
– Must have demonstrated excellent interpersonal and leadership skills and the ability to organize simultaneous tasks.
– Preferred clinical knowledge of and experience providing COVID-19-related care.
– Ability to work independently and communicate effectively.
– Fully remote position, must have quiet workspace during work hours.
– Bring your own device required.
Education and Experience Requirements
Home Office Requirements:
Prior experience on the CDC Vaccination or NY State of Health projects preferred.
Since 1975, Maximus has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. Maximus delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, Maximus is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com.
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies Maximus deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. Maximus is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Maximus provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.
ATTN. Be careful! You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. The employer won't know who reported this job.
Place this code wherever you want the widget to appear on your page.
<script src="//jobicy.com/api/widget.js?5XyPbk5QqyZg=7609" async></script>
Position: Health Specialist.