We are concurrently hiring another designer, and another PM so we can build two pods of work (core and growth/new).
We raised a Series A last year after years of bootstrapped and sustainable growth, so are in a financially strong position. We have never conducted layoffs and believe in thoughtful hiring.
We are looking for a Frontend Engineer who excels in a fast pace remote environment, is enthusiastic about building excellent software, and enjoys tackling a diverse range of problems.
Users now expect personalized software, catering to their specific needs and context. This is hard to build and manage at scale, but the companies that succeed with this product-led approach are the winners. This provides us the opportunity to create a category-shaping company that is a part of every company’s product stack! 🌐
What your day might include (+ our stack)
You will be primarily working closely with the Product team (~10 Engineers, 3 QAs, 1 PM, 2 designers) on our React web-app.
- Collaborating with the Product team to review product specs (Notion)
- Review designs and help shape the eventual UX of new features (Figma)
- Work on your Sprint backlog; highlight your questions, document your progress (Trello)
- Review pull requests of other engineers (Github)
- Record “product walk” videos to solicit feedback and to show off newly built things (Loom)
- Low-latency pairing with other Engineers to make progress with the high context (Tuple)
- 2-3 scheduled calls per week (yes only 2-3 🤩) everything else covered ad-hoc, async, through peer pairing or monthly 1-1s with your manager (Slack, Google Meet, Lattice)
- Work on our customer dashboard building new UI/UX (React, Rails, Node.js)
- Create, build and maintain reusable React components
- Write testable well documented code (Cypress, Jest)
- Make customer experience with Chameleon memorable and lovable
- Support keeping our platform secure and reliable (MongoDB, Heroku, AWS)
Skills and experience that will aid success in this role
- 4+ years working full-time as an Engineer and 2+ years of React experience
- Experience collaborating with other Engineers
- Fluency with React / JS / HTML / CSS. Opinionated about the right way to JS.
- Independent and self-motivated mindset; proactive in finding solutions while able to structure your own work with minimal management
- Be able to provide guidance and answers the first time, see blind spots and complexity before it impacts the flow of work
- You have a fully functioning workstation and a quiet place to work (and take calls) with a high-speed internet connection (we’ll send you a new M2 Macbook air with 16GB ram)
- You are located in the US 🇺🇸, Canada 🇨🇦, or Brazil 🇧🇷
- Fluency (written and verbal) in English
We expect to reply to you within ~1 week of you submitting the application form IF we are interested in setting up a call. Once we agree on the offer, we hope you can begin as soon as possible!
Apply now >