Strava is the leading subscription platform at the center of connected fitness, with more than 100 million community members in over 190 countries. The platform offers a holistic view of your active lifestyle, no matter where you live, which sport you love, and/or what device you use. Everyone belongs on Strava when they are pursuing an active life.
Europe is one of our most significant and rapidly-growing regions and this hire will be joining the communications team, with a specific remit to manage European communications.
You’ll play a pivotal role in driving brand awareness across the region, reinforcing the value of the subscription service to athletes, and deepening Strava’s thought leadership position through earned media and data storytelling.
Reporting to the Eurasia Communications Director, you will manage our communications team across the region. That includes the management of our highly-valued press agency partners and close collaboration with our global team based out of the U.S.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will
- Execute against the regional communications strategy for Europe to drive brand awareness, and subscription consideration and deliver against key business objectives.
- Proactively drive our regional media relations focused on endemic, business, and lifestyle press outreach.
- Elevate our thought leadership position in the connected fitness space and on the key issues we are committed to having a positive social impact on. Including climate change, environmental racism, and equity and inclusion in sport.
- Contribute to our culture of launch and global ways of working through cross-functional collaboration with our brand marketing, product marketing, and content teams.
- Deliver proactive and reactive media relations through the use of our proprietary data insights and exciting community stories.
- Develop and deliver core communications materials including press pitches, press releases, op-eds, talking points, and speeches for our executive spokespeople.
- Plan and manage communications briefings, events, and press trips.
- Develop key press partnerships with third-party experts and academic institutions.
- Support the day-to-day management of our global team and press agency partners in key markets outside of the US.
- Assist the Director of European Communications with strategic planning and high-priority tentpole moments.
You will be successful here by
- Being able to build upon your strong network of press contacts, especially in the endemic space. We want to hear from you!
- Working independently and remotely but understanding how to leverage the experience of cross-functional teammates, and when to ask for help.
- Embracing ambiguity and change, thriving in an ever-evolving environment of shifting priorities dependent upon business needs.
We’re excited about you because
- 5 – 7+ years of in-house or agency media relations and public relations experience.
- Strong project management skills and comfortable leading briefs with our agency partners and cross-functional peers.
- Excellent press relationships across endemic, business, tech, and lifestyle press – with an appetite to expand your media network further.
- A highly organised approach to managing multiple sophisticated projects with high attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a good nose for what makes a newsworthy story.
- Experience thriving in a fast-paced culture and the ability to stay calm under pressure.
- Alignment with our company values and anti-racist commitments.
- Bilingual skills are a plus – with a preferred proficiency in English as well as French or Spanish.
In your cover letter, please address the following aspects
- Interest and Fit: Explain what specifically intrigues you about this opportunity and why you believe you are the ideal candidate to fulfill the role’s responsibilities and objectives.
- Global Experience: Highlight your experience in successfully delivering against global communication briefs, showcasing your ability to navigate diverse markets and cultures effectively.
- Media Placement: Include links to stories that you have personally and directly placed in national media outlets, emphasizing both written and broadcast coverage.
- Corporate and Tech/Business Coverage: Provide clips/links to corporate communication pieces and product feature stories that you have personally and directly placed in prominent tech and business publications.
- Writing Excellence: Share samples of your most impactful writing, which could encompass press releases, OpEds, executive remarks, or other forms of written communication that best showcase your strengths as a communicator.
- Language Proficiency: Offer an overview of the languages in which you are fluent, demonstrating your ability to engage with a diverse range of audiences and communicate effectively on a global scale.
We encourage you to thoughtfully address these points in your cover letter, providing us with a comprehensive understanding of your qualifications and your ability to excel in this dynamic role.
Apply now >