At Webflow, our mission is to bring development superpowers to everyone. Webflow is the leading visual development platform for building powerful websites without writing code. By combining modern web development technologies into one platform, Webflow enables people to build websites visually, saving engineering time, while clean code seamlessly generates in the background. From independent designers and creative agencies to Fortune 500 companies, millions worldwide use Webflow to be more nimble, creative, and collaborative. It’s the web, made better.
We are looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to join our AI Foundations team to help us build generative AI driven features. The AI Foundations team goal is to build Webflow’s AI driven products in pursuit of our mission to bring development superpowers to everyone around the world. This role will collaborate directly with product engineers, product managers and designers to identify and implement AI solutions that improve the Webflow user experience. This individual will work closely with counterparts in our Product Engineering and Design organizations while cultivating an environment of excellence, care, and curiosity.
About the role:
- Location: Remote-first (United States; BC & ON, Canada)
- Exempt status
- Our cash compensation amount for this role ranges from $130,000 – $178,000 for most US locations and $144,000 – $198,000 for US locations with a higher cost of labor. All figures cited above are in $USD and pertain to workers located in the United States. Pay is based on several factors including market location, and may vary depending on job related experience, knowledge, qualifications, and skills.
- Reporting to a Senior Engineering Manager
As a Senior Frontend Engineer, AI Foundations, you’ll:
- Stay updated on AI/ML advancements to assess their relevance for the organization’s strategy.
- Collaborate with product engineering to identify and implement AI solutions that improve user experience and solve specific use cases.
- Assist in integrating third-party AI APIs into the product’s architecture.
- Write performant and accessible UI components (React).
- Develop a deep understanding of our architecture and codebase while also learning about our product and the customers that use it.
- Build and maintain unit and integration tests (Mocha, Jest, Cypress).
You’ll thrive as a Senior Frontend Engineer, AI Foundations if you…
- Have 5+ years developing and deploying web applications, with a proven track record of shipping to market. Bonus points if you have experience shipping 0-1 products!
- Have experience building products with generative AI APIs
- Have excellent organization and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Have worked on complex issues where the analysis requires an in-depth knowledge of existing architecture
- Can debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Take pride in taking ownership and driving projects to business impact
- Have proven experience building complex web systems
- Are comfortable working in an agile, safe-to-fail environment
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Research shows that you may still be considered for a role if you meet just half of the requirements.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Obsess over customer experience. We deeply understand what we’re building and who we’re building for and serving. We define the leading edge of what’s possible in our industry and deliver the future for our customers.
- Move with heartfelt urgency. We have a healthy relationship with impatience, channeling it thoughtfully to show up better and faster for our customers and for each other. Time is the most limited thing we have, and we make the most of every moment.
- Say the hard thing with care. Our best work often comes from intelligent debate, critique, and even difficult conversations. We speak our minds and don’t sugarcoat things — and we do so with respect, maturity, and care.
- Make your mark. We seek out new and unique ways to create meaningful impact, and we champion the same from our colleagues. We work as a team to get the job done, and we go out of our way to celebrate and reward those going above and beyond for our customers and our teammates.
Benefits & wellness:
- Equity ownership (RSUs) in a growing, privately-owned company
- 100% employer-paid healthcare, vision, and dental insurance coverage for employees and dependents (US; full-time Canadian workers working 30+ hours per week), as well as Health Savings Account/Health Reimbursement Account, dependent on insurance plan selection. Employees also have voluntary insurance options, such as life, disability, hospital protection, accident, and critical illness
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave for both birthing and non-birthing caregivers, as well as an additional 6-8 weeks of pregnancy disability for birthing parents to be used before child bonding leave. Employees also have access to family planning care and reimbursement.
- Flexible PTO with an mandatory annual minimum of 10 days paid time off, and sabbatical program
- Access to mental wellness coaching, therapy, and Employee Assistance Program
- Monthly stipends to support health and wellness, as well as smart work, and annual stipends to support professional growth
- Professional career coaching, internal learning & development programs
- 401k plan and financial wellness benefits, like CPA or financial advisor coverage
- Commuter benefits for in-office workers
Temporary employees are not eligible for paid holiday time off, accrued paid time off, paid leaves of absence, or company-sponsored perks.
Be you, with us:
At Webflow, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Apply now >