As an experienced data and AI professional, I understand the significant opportunities and challenges that organizations face in today’s fast-paced landscape. With a track record of building successful teams, I am passionate about continually evolving our thinking, practices, and technology to keep pace with change.
I have worked both as and hand-in-hand with analysts, big data engineers, enterprise architects and software engineers. This has given me a firsthand understanding of the complexities and challenges that come with delivering faster and better data and AI. I leverage this experience daily to guide strategy and architecture roadmaps for organizations.
As a Technology Strategy and Architecture Owner, I am responsible for driving the data initiatives of the organisation from platforms and scalars to value streams.
I collaborate with cross-functional teams to prepare the architecture vision and roadmap for data platforms, growth (data science) teams, and marketing automation. Working closely with vendors and suppliers, I help identify optimal partners and advise the mix of build vs buy. I also play a pivotal role in supporting the enterprise’s IT architecture and business strategies .
As part of my role, I drive the acceleration of the adoption of cloud technologies and facilitated the decommissioning of legacy assets. Additionally, I am an active participant in the architecture governance board, ensuring alignment with the organisations overall objectives.
Finally, I provide leadership and mentoring across the organisation, enabling teams to deliver high-quality outcomes and drive innovation.
– Develop and own the technology strategy and architecture for data and growth
– Prepare and collaborate on the architecture vision and roadmap for data platforms, growth (data science) teams and marketing automation
– Work with vendors and suppliers to identity the right partners and mix of buy vs build
– Support the enterprise’s IT architecture and business strategies
– Accelerate the adoption of cloud and decommission of legacy assets
– Participate in the architecture governance board
– Provide leadership and mentoring across the organisation
Responsible for the enterprise view of data, data platforms and analytics architecture I drive our advancement across the technology, application and business teams. Accelerate the organisations maturity and drive value through delivering 4 enterprise grade cloud based data platforms to deliver data hub, advanced analytics & ML, reporting and data governance capabilities. By publishing data strategy and roadmaps as well as consulting and advising business and technical leaders I am responsible for identifying and moving the organisation towards target state.
– Development of the data strategy, and architecture patterns for the delivery of multi-cloud data platforms that support those outcomes
– Formulate strategic roadmap towards target state and ensure this is kept current and fit to the organisations needs and that program work aligns
– Contribute to working groups creating Thought Leadership including Best Practice, Analytics & Design Patterns, Reference Architectures and White Papers
– Provide technical leadership and mentoring to project, program and architecture team members
• Develop and maintain the enterprise data solution strategy for BNZ which compliments the Enterprise Architecture Strategy (EAS)
• Design the core data platforms for BNZ to be built on AWS and Azure using modern data practices and implementing best in breed tooling
• Consultant on service design and integration for data components as we adopt a cloud first strategy
• Champion data privacy, ethics and security to ensure we are doing the right thing with our customers data
• Own delivery of data architecture, design patterns and reference guides
• Provide thought leadership and guidance for enterprise activities to enable alignment to the EAS and data solution patterns.
• Participate in the governance of technology solutions including chairing of governance groups
• Provide technical leadership and mentoring to project, programme and architecture team members
• Formulate Architectural direction – develop strategic roadmaps, contribute to strategic architecture discussions and working groups
Every day is different, I could be building new data sources to help the analytics team work faster, building data piplines to get access to new data sources or working with our developers find new ways to collect data.
Responsibilities and Experience:
– Guide the agile development teams in implementing the correct activity logging to enable analytics across our digital channels
– Develop data pipelines to integrate new data sources into our big data platform
– Create new curated and conformed data sources for analysts and data scientists
– Design and implement data architecture patterns
– Support the digital analytics team with domain knowledge and act as a technical lead