You can use iCloud to back up and sync your iPhone photos across all of your devices. Here are the steps to set up iCloud Photo Library on your iPhone:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone and tap on your name at the top.
- Tap on iCloud, then select Photos.
- Turn on iCloud Photo Library by sliding the switch to the right.
- Select “Optimize iPhone Storage” or “Download and Keep Originals” to choose the storage option that works best for you.
- With “Optimize iPhone Storage” option, iCloud will store the full-resolution versions of your photos and videos in the cloud and keep smaller versions on your iPhone, to save space.
- With “Download and Keep Originals” option, iCloud will store the full-resolution versions of your photos and videos on your iPhone and in the cloud, it will use more storage on your device.
Once you’ve set up iCloud Photo Library, your photos will automatically be backed up to the cloud and synced across all of your devices. You can also access your photos from iCloud.com and use them to create albums, collages and more.
It’s important to note that iCloud Photo Library only supports photos and videos in the Camera Roll, My Photo Stream and Photo Library, images in other apps such as WhatsApp and Instagram may not be included in the syncing process.
You can also use iCloud to back up your iPhone by going to Settings > iCloud > iCloud Backup, and turn on iCloud Backup by sliding the switch to the right. This will back up your iPhone’s settings, app data, and home screen and app organization.