With a background in system administration and an array of Microsoft certifications, my goal is to utilize my skills as a security engineer to protect critical assets, identify and mitigate security risks, and implement robust security measures.
The user has not yet completed this section
Served as the Principal IT System Administrator, managing and updating software/hardware assets while ensuring optimal security and efficiency.
• Managed workstation and server administration, configuring and maintaining a stable and efficient network environment.
• Strategically planned disk space utilization, optimizing storage resources for enhanced system performance.
• Implemented comprehensive data backup and recovery strategies to safeguard critical information against potential data loss.
• Established stable network services for clients, guaranteeing uninterrupted communication across project teams. Maintained reliable access to critical systems/data by supervising Microsoft 365 tenants, Azure Active Directory, onsite Active Directory of internal/external customers.
• Managed Gravity Zone Security Platform to shield customers’ IT infrastructure from risks and advanced attacks; included risk assessment/mitigation, threat prevention, security incident response.
• Conducted system software upgrades, ensuring all workstations and servers are running the latest versions and security patches.
Worked collaboratively with Windows 10 Build Team in performing tests and ensuring upgrades aligned with company goals and initiatives for maximized efficiency.
▪ Maintained accurate and updated work instructions, system design documentation, and other information related to the preparation, procedures, and deployment of patches, drivers, and system upgrades
• Streamlined end-user security system installations, reducing system downtime by 30%.
• Spearheaded selection of software patches, decreasing network security vulnerabilities by 50%.
• Collaborated on migration from legacy Windows systems to Windows 10, enhancing user productivity
• Led disaster recovery planning, reducing potential data loss by 75% in the event of an outage.
▪ Improved the system monitoring and management process by implementing automation tools, resulting in a 40% increase in system uptime.
▪ Served as a subject matter expert and mentor for junior team members, providing technical guidance and training.
Proactively identified and troubleshot local system issues in a timely fashion to reduce downtime and maximize end-user productivity
▪ Skillfully developed and implemented master computer images for enhancing technology, security, and configuration efficiency for various devices
▪ Utilized Active Directory and SCCM to maintain updated systems, track system inventory, and manage remote-control capabilities
▪ Oversaw the transition of VOIP user phone system from Skype to Microsoft Teams; led to increases in overall efficiency and business performance.
▪ Conducted system software upgrades, ensuring all workstations and servers are running the latest versions and security patches.