I am a software developer with a dedication to excellence. A high work ethic, great collaboration skills and a passion for delivering excellent work are all skills i am confident in. I have a strong experience with full stack development and technologies such .NET, Angular, SQL Server and AWS Microservices, skillfully using them to translate user requirements/stories into testable and verifiable features.
– Maintained a web application to assist field engineers visualize data obtained via a leak detection system, using an angular framework, translating user stories to testable and verifiable features to be included in the product releases.
– Developed RESTful API endpoints using a .NET framework integrated with an MSSQL database and AWS API Gateway ensuring the endpoints are deployed to the right service and mapped to the appropriate roles and policies using Lambda authorizers.
– Designed and developed effective database schemas in MSSQL and created stored procedures to query over 10,000 records, perform CRUD operations on the result set and ensure seamless integration with the APIs.
o Optimized the stored procedures to reduce query response time by 50%, facilitating high performance data operations in the application.
– Maintained a legacy leak detection software written in VB.Net and used by field engineers, added new functionality to the application in line with user requirements and stories and ensured backwards compatibility in the application.
– Performed analysis and research on current technologies and trends and offered recommendations based on research thereby ensuring continuous innovation and increased productivity amongst developers.
– Developed, maintained, and updated an in-house estimating software BEST to win construction bids using an Angular front end and a .NET backend:
o Migrated and upgraded BEST and its major functionalities from a Windows application (BEST v1) to a web application (BEST v2)
o Added new functionality and commands based on user requirements to BEST v2 using typescript and pushed changes to be tested and integrated into main product.
o Investigated and documented software defects (analysis, steps to reproduce) encountered during migration process to BEST v2, then recommended solutions for 20 software defects.
– Translated product requirements in the form of proof of concepts (POCs) into testable and verifiable demo products for approval and integration into BEST v2.
– Optimized BEST v2 to fulfil non-functional requirements such as reducing memory usage and optimizing the load time by caching and on-demand loading.
– Utilized Salesforce to monitor and support customer activities through direct interaction with customer, and to respond and resolve customer issues.
– Performed technical analysis on customer issues such as:
o Inquiries concerning product usage and documentation, and explanation of product behaviour and functionality with examples.
o Identifying defects in product and in customer implementation of product
– Documented 35 product defects into JIRA including defect analysis, workarounds, and recommended solutions.
– Provided solutions to customer issues by reproducing complex issues based on provided information and debugging QNX reference code written in C/C++ using GDB.