I bring over two decades of experience to the table, spanning employee leadership, project management, and customer service. I hold a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of South Carolina. My expertise lies in crafting and delivering training programs for intricate business processes, ensuring client engagement and service adoption. I’m well-versed in project management, curriculum design, and gauging training effectiveness. My knack for communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills complements my background in healthcare compliance, billing, auditing, coding, and accounting.
In addition to my extensive experience, I hold certifications in project and program management, Six Sigma, and club management. I’m proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite and am a Certified Introductory Sommelier. I’m committed to delivering results and driving growth with a pragmatic, hands-on approach.
Biochem major with a pre-med emphasis. Graduated with 3.2 GPA.
• Founded a consulting business that provides strategies to new and existing establishments looking to improve their operations.
• Performs assessments of operations and collaboratively develops and implements corrective actions that address causes of findings and prevent recurrences.
• Creates and documents internal processes, procedures, descriptive manuals, and programs that enable personnel to perform work safely and effectively.
• Provides recommendations and feedback to management on staffing needs based on workload distribution, budget, employee performance, and available resources.
• Implements and presents computer based, in-person, and virtual training for personnel, management, and owners on industry systems and processes while overseeing coaching, mentoring, leadership of less senior personnel and support staff.
• Performs data collection and prepares ad hoc tracking and trending reports provide process improvement recommendations to the business owner.
• Researched and benchmarked new concepts for training advancement.
• Directed daily operations and managed 20+ individuals in a fast-paced private venue.
• Developed and authored standard operating procedures for club operations to improve efficiency and workflow.
• Interpreted and communicated organizational, programmatic, technical, and process changes to all levels of personnel .
• Oversaw the installation of a new operating system and trained staff on all aspects of new operating system.
• Served as safety and health coordinator for the club and various other departments within the organization.
• Responsible for office services, property management, procurement tracking and equipment purchasing.
• Coordinated all work of subcontracted personnel including budgeting, work duration accounting, and oversite of work completion leading to execution of a $750,000 facility renovation of a 60-year-old structure.
• Demonstrated alignment with company goals, integrating training with the overall mission.
Was laid off due to COVID
Was promoted to Pinnacle Club (different business within Goodwill of Middle Georgia’s portfolio).
• Served in a dual role as Helms College instructor as well as restaurant manager for Edgar’s Grille, a subsidiary of Goodwill Industries of Middle Georgia.
• Taught courses and managed operations for Edgar’s Grille.
• Taught Front of House Management, Menu and Facilities Development, and Bar and Beverage Management courses using classroom, on-the-job training, and learning management systems
• Developed, revised, routed for review, and finalized the current standard curriculum for Front of House courses.
• Ensured accuracy and applicability of procedures regarding training, daily reports, scheduling, inventory, and cleaning schedules for restaurant.
• Actively participated in training, job, and task needs analyses.
• Strategized 5S training and organization based on recommendations from upper management.
• Executed yearly performance reviews for all front of house staff.
• Supervised a team of over 60 full and part time staff, ensuring all internet orders (placed on GNC’s website and routed to our Distribution Center) are filled, scanned, processed, and ready for delivery.
• Collaborated with quality assurance and quality control team to ensure accurate and timely order fulfillment, shipment, and delivery.
• Worked across the company’s multiple computer interfaces to determine real time product tracking to ensure out of stock items were replaced in an efficient manner.
• Performed constant quality assurance inspections to ensure accurate order fulfillment and compliance with procedures regarding order packing, scanning, and processing.
• Conducted physical walkdowns of fulfillment locations when appropriate to ensure forms, data sheets, sketches, and blueprints reflected accurate facility conditions.
• Reviewed work performed by subordinates to ensure quality of work and procedure adherence.
• Scheduled and conducted OSHA focused housekeeping audits to ensure the health and safety of over 60 team members.
• Responsible for supply chain management and any changes to ordering based on demands and anticipated demand.
Was laid off due to budget cutbacks. Moved to North Augusta, SC, to take care of my terminally ill mother.
• Managed day to day operations of the 4th busiest Welcome Center in South Carolina as well as developed key marketing strategies to increase visitor spending in South Carolina.
• Approved leave requests, evaluated personnel performance, performed annual reviews and initiated promotions, demotions and disciplinary actions when necessary of Welcome Center Employees.
• Represented the center’s on-site subcontractors to the agency and ensured their quality of work.
• Identified and resolved problems related to office equipment, computing, and software needs and prepared service order requisitions for maintenance of department assets.
• Oversaw procurement of equipment, maintenance and repair of the center, and purchase of supplies
• Researched and revised hiring curriculum and several operating procedures to ensure accuracy across entire Welcome Center Program and agency.
• Founded Customer Service Training program for Welcome Center staff/management. Taught training program for 2 Governor’s Conferences with upwards of 150 people in attendance.
• Experience with supply chain management for Welcome Center program in SC