A strategic budget analyst with years of experience focused on creating, evaluating, implementing, and managing multimillion dollar budgets. Ability to align stakeholders to ensure that budgets meet parameters. Continuously demonstrate a passion for data and results by continuously analyzing and optimizing processes in order to make projections and recommendations.
Working at the Budget and Fiscal Policy Department, I am an integral part of creating, adopting, and implementing a fiscally responsible budget for the County of El Paso. This includes working cross-functionally with outside agencies and elected officials to ensure community needs are met, and routine analysis is done to consider economic factors as well as the strategic objectives for the County.
● Successfully built and implemented the collective bargaining negotiation with the El Paso County Sheriff’s Officers’ Association this resulted in a renewed 4-year contract.
● Conducted a cost revenue analysis for federal inmate housing to submit new rate request with the United States Marshals. Once accepted, I had a critical role in the negotiations to reach a mutually agreed upon rate. This resulted in a 26% rate increase to the per day rate with an estimated additional 2 million in revenue.
● Awarded the Distinguished Budget Presentation Award by the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA).
● Awarded the Popular Annual Finance Report for Fiscal Year 2020 and 2021 by GFOA.
Assisted new faculty members with the implementation of their onboarding budgets. This included setting up, tracking, and disbursing funds for research, graduate student hires, and publications. In addition, worked with university officials to reconcile issues with PeopleSoft operating system. Lastly, assisted with the integration of the business center, resulting in a process improvement of our administrative services to better serve faculty and students.
● Implementation of business center SOPs resulted in overall process improvement for financial transactions at the University.
● Creation of faculty supplement pay for online teaching resulted in 90% accuracy of payout improvements.
● Developed SOP to reconcile accounts monthly resulting in a 98% accuracy rate.
Provided customer service and technical assistance to university employees with PeopleSoft, within a 24-hour response time. In addition, I managed expenditure spreadsheets, travel bookings, reimbursements, purchase orders, payroll, and human resources documentation.
● Successfully trained university staff on various aspects of PeopleSoft, resulting in a 10% decrease in ticket creation.
● Identified 10% of all technical issues by managing helpdesk and assisted in testing solutions.
Exclusive, experimental and pre-release features
For people just getting started
Everything in Free, and: