Job Posting Policy
Jobicy’s Job Posting Policies are designed to govern the content that is returned in our results globally. These governing policies represent Jobicy’s goal to provide the best job search experience for our users.
Messages sent via Jobicy.com should generally follow the same rules as job postings in that you should not use these messages to circumvent job quality guidelines. When communicating with candidates please be mindful of the following guidelines:
Present a specific and relevant job
No candidate should be served a list of available positions to sift through. When communicating with candidates, the position being presented should be clearly stated and relevant to the candidates contacted. Your job should be a good fit for a candidate’s experience and career status.
Include job details and identifying information
Your message should include the job’s location, title, requirements and compensation structure. If your message also includes a link, it should send candidates directly to the job information. Be sure to include the name of your company and its location as well as your name and title. Use your company email address, if possible.
Be considerate of candidate privacy
Do not request sensitive information to be sent directly over a message. Please be considerate of candidate privacy throughout the hiring process and communication on Jobicy.com.
Transparency and Accessibility
The application process must be transparent and simple to navigate. Applications must be tied to the specific job that was posted and not a talent pool. The job description must make clear the job poster’s relationship to the end employer, especially in the case of third party recruiters.
Applicant personal information gathered in the application process should be treated carefully within your company and never made available to third parties.
Jobs without a way to apply
We don’t allow job postings that don’t have a way to apply. This includes:
- Job postings that advertise events such as career fair invitations.
- Job postings that require a login to view the job description. Users must be able to see the job posting details without the need to login.
Job postings must describe the open position, include any qualifications needed, and include other information that would be relevant to a user looking for a job. We don’t allow job postings where the job applicant is offering to perform a job.
Publishers may solicit resume collections for open positions only. We may remove solicitations that collect candidate data, but are not currently hiring.
We don’t allow job postings that require payment from applicants (employment fees, visa fees, state fees, etc.).
Jobicy.com believes that jobs seekers should be considered based on factors directly related to their ability to successfully perform a job. Job seekers should not be excluded or dismissed from consideration based on characteristics that do not affect their job performance nor the success of the hiring party. Jobicy.com will remove jobs that violate these standards.
Jobicy.com does not allow job opportunities which violate any applicable laws, nor does Jobicy.com allow any jobs which require the eventual employee to violate any applicable laws.
Platform Abuse Policy
Jobicy.com does not allow the development of content or systems that attempt to manipulate the ranking of jobs on our platform or circumvent Search Quality systems. Frequent reposting of roles or posting roles in locations other than where the job is offered are examples of behavior that is discouraged and may impact content visibility on the site.
Employer Posting Policy
The following positions will not be posted on Jobicy:
- Not a remote work.
- Are not from a legal entity. No job offers from individuals.
- Include information which is offensive to public order and morals.
- Relate to obscenity, gambling and violence.
- Aim at criminal acts.
- Excluding both direct and indirect references to candidates’ gender, nationality, race, physical disability, religion, sexual orientation, and age.
- Include false information.
- Defame, damage or potentially insult other companies.
- Content that Jobicy otherwise consider inappropriate
- Use copyright protected documents and other materials without the permission of the original copyright holders.
- Conduct business operations through the Jobicy service for different purposes not agreed to by Jobicy.
- Interferes with Jobicy’s service operations and/or individual users.
- Commission-only positions unless the position conforms to the requirements outlined below.
- Jobs/internships in which workers’ compensation is not available to the employee or student.
- Jobs/internships that require an employee or student to provide funds to a supervisor or other company representative for consideration for employment or other services.
- Positions that pay for work in cash or other informal work/pay arrangements (students must receive a W-2 or Form 1099 from the employer).
We don’t allow job postings with incomplete job descriptions.
We don’t allow job postings that attempt to impersonate another person or organization, or otherwise engage in activities intended to deceive, defraud, or mislead others. This includes falsely implying affiliation with, or endorsement by, another individual or organization. This also includes using multiple accounts to evade our policies, bypass blocks, or otherwise subvert restrictions placed on your account.
Policy violation examples include:
- Jobs or content that represent the employer in a way that is not accurate, realistic, or truthful.
- Jobs posting for fake or non-existent jobs. This includes job postings with the primary purpose of collecting information about applicants, rather than seeking to employ these applicants.
- Job titles, description, and other details that use keyword stuffing to manipulate search rankings.
- Providing false location data that does not match the actual location of the job.
- Job postings on behalf of an organization or company without authorization.
Profanity and vulgar language
We don’t allow job postings that contain obscene, profane, or offensive language.
Advertisements disguised as a job posting
We don’t allow promotional content disguised as a job posting, such as those posted by a third party (for example, affiliate programs).
To ensure our users can understand your content and can easily apply for the job, we don’t allow content that spams the page with obstructive text and images, excessive and distracting ads, or content that doesn’t add any value to the job posting.
We don’t allow grammatically incorrect content. Follow basic grammar rules, use proper capitalization, avoid writing text in all caps, and only use acronyms or abbreviations that are widely understood.
Commission-Based Position Policy
Positions that are solely commission-based will not be posted on Jobicy. For other commission-based positions (e.g., base salary + commission) Jobicy will request the following information to be submitted for review, prior to posting on Jobicy:
- Is a college degree required/preferred for this position?
- Does this position offer a base pay plus commission? If so, please specify.
- Is there a documented earning record for this position? If so, please specify.
- Does your organization provide and reimburse training for this position?
- Is the employee responsible for purchasing materials/supplies for this position? What is the employee expenditure?
Jobicy may append the above responses to a commission-based posting, so as to fully inform candidates. Jobicy reserves the right to deny a company posting if said company misleads or attempts to mislead Jobicy or a candidate about the nature of the position.
No Buy-ins or Fee for Service
No posting will be accepted if applicants must pay to purchase access for opportunities or a position that requires a potential employee to provide funds to a supervisor or other company representative for services.