We strongly encourage applications from people of colour, the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities, neurodivergent people, parents, carers, and people from lower socio-economic backgrounds.
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate your specific situation, please let us know.
Most people come to Cleo to do work that matters. Every day, we empower people to build a life beyond their next paycheck, building a beloved AI that enables you to forge your own path toward financial well-being.
Backed by some of the most well-known investors in tech, we’ve reached over 5 million users and plan to double that number each year… which is where you come in.
Follow us on LinkedIn to keep up to date with new product features and insights from the team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Joining a cross-functional product squad and collaborating with a mix of engineers, designers, analysts and other disciplines to develop features that enhance our users’ financial health.
- Mentoring colleagues to help them grow as engineers and actively supporting their development.
- Working on our Ruby on Rails monolith, building data models, APIs, and business logic services.
- Delivering your work using agile methodologies and tools like tests, observability, AB-tests, and feature flags.
- Analyzing data to identify problems and generate new ideas, using various sources such as our database, application logs, and user research data.
- Supporting colleagues through in-hours support and optionally joining the compensated out-of-hours on-call rotation.
- Contributing to cross-cutting concerns that improve our engineering efforts.
- Taking part in shaping the work of your squad beyond technical aspects, participating in product ideation, user research, design reviews, retrospectives, and more.
Here are some examples, big and small, of the kinds of product feature work our engineers have taken part in over the last year:
- building a secured credit card
- launching new budget analysis features
- implementing pricing experiments for subscriptions
You are passionate about making a positive difference in society by improving the financial health of our users. You align with our company values and engineering principles, which drive our ways of working and software delivery.
As this is a SE2-SE3 position as described in our public progression framework we’re looking for someone who has at least 2 years industry experience of using Ruby on Rails. If it’s significantly more, maybe you want to look at our Senior Backend role.
What you get:
- Competitive compensation package (base + equity) with biannual reviews.
- Our salary bands are part of our public progression framework, so as this position is at SE2 – SE3 level we can pay £51,891 – £83,366 p.a depending on experience.
- Opportunity to work at a fast-growing tech startup backed by renowned VC firms.
- Clear progression plan and support for your professional growth.
- Flexibility to maintain work-life balance.
- Options for remote work and office collaboration, including travel coverage for in-person meetings.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including annual leave, retirement plans, sabbaticals, social events, and mental health support.
- Open AI subscription provided by Cleo.
Apply now >