The Apptio Premier Customer Success Manager (Premier) will be assigned to accounts that have purchased annualized technical services. They will function as the customer’s technical advisor to provide Apptio solution guidance, technical best practices, and highlight the art of the possible for expansion of Apptio’s product suite. The Premier resource is tasked with becoming a technical expert on our core ApptioOne platform to help our customers implement use cases and derive measurable value. The Premier resource will have the opportunity to cross train and expand their technical skillset over the entire Apptio product suite. The Premier resource will be measured on both client and premier renewal rates within their portfolio.
The Premier resource is expected to maintain post sales customer relationships and work closely with the entire Apptio Account team, including the CSM, sales team and other team members as assigned. The Premier Customer Success Manager acts as a trusted advisor to the customer by providing them guidance, actively sharing best practices, providing model and technical health reviews as well as proactively looking for upsell and cross sell opportunities, by being aware of the customer environment.
We are looking for someone who works as a true collaborator, is creative and innovative in finding technical solutions, and has a passion for customer success and value realization. This person should be able to help a customer execute against their vision around the practice of Technology Business Management (TBM). They will work in a very initiative-taking manner to bring actual ROI to every account. The Premier will be working across Apptio departments to ensure customer satisfaction. This is a highly visible, cross-functional role that supports customers and their objectives while coordinating with multiple departments within Apptio.
- Collaborate closely with the customer TBM Analysts and others in their TBM Office to ensure they become power users of our solution, as well as performing remote training to the consumers as needed
- Understand in detail the configuration of each customer’s Apptio implementation (data, models, reports, etc.) so that training and mentoring opportunities can be easily identified in a proactive manner
- Mentor the customer to do things more efficiently with the Apptio solution with a focus on product and business domain best practices
- Drive customer enablement plans against the customer’s TBM roadmap to ensure that adoption is mapped to customer’s needs and delivers on agreed to metrics for the customer’s use cases
- Function as the liaison between the customer and Apptio Support to help Support and Engineering resolve open tickets and other performance issues
- Coordinate with Support, Product Management, R&D, Account Management, & Customer Success to ensure the appropriate level of response to customer needs
- Assist with driving Apptio technical best practices and proactively sharing knowledge throughout the organization
- Gather customer feedback and work with the Global Practice and Global Products team to recommend how to improve product usability
- Drive or participate in internal organizational initiatives as required
- B.S. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, MIS, Finance, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of solid experience as a technical consultant, software implementation, product specialist or technical analyst role for medium to large-scale business
- Previous experience in Managed Services or Account Management is preferred; however, consulting experience or professional services experience is acceptable
- High-level knowledge of enterprise IT organizational, business, cloud, and technical environments
- ITIL or equivalent, finance, cloud, & project management skills and experience a plus
- Client-focused attitude, with empathetic listening and ability to drive to value
- Ability to communicate and present effectively over the telephone, via web-based presentations and/or in person. (i.e., must have excellent communication, listening, presentation, and writing skills)
- Strong attention to detail and excellent analytical, data analysis, & critical thinking skills
- Strong relationship building skills with customers and across company departments
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task across multiple streams of work
- Proactive, resilient, and resourceful when solving complex problems
- An understanding of customers’ business initiatives and alignment to a technology roadmap
- Ability to work well with others in a high-pressure environment
- An outgoing, focused, and organized person with a strong will to succeed
- Strong to expert skills in data analysis/manipulation
- Working knowledge and application of relational databases, data modeling, and related concepts
- Ability to quickly comprehend complex spreadsheets/data to streamline the underlying processes into the Apptio solution; versed in formulaic logic (e.g., Excel)
- Skilled at working with large data sets (in Excel, Access, Flat Files), quickly detecting and resolving data-related issues
Business Domain Focus:
- Knowledge of IT services & infrastructure domains including data centers, network / communications, server utilization, virtual environments, storage, and application development & maintenance
- Knowledge of cloud and public cloud domains and functionality (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
- Familiarity with IT financial management including budgeting, cost allocations, capital & operating expense handling & program portfolio management
- Understanding of change management processes and methodologies a plus
Apptio, an IBM company, is the leading technology spend and value management software provider. Its AI-powered data insights empower leaders to make smarter financial and operational decisions. A pioneer and category leader in Technology Business Management (TBM) and FinOps, Apptio works with thousands of customers, partners, and community members worldwide.
This is a remote position.
The compensation range being offered for this role is a total compensation of $84,400 – $105,000.
Apply now >