At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
Job Description Summary:
PayPal is seeking a Senior Manager of US International Tax to join its Global Income Tax Compliance and Reporting team. This position, reporting to the Director of US International Tax, will lead the team responsible for US international tax compliance and reporting. Responsibilities will include review of international forms needed for the federal income tax return along with calculations needed for determining the U.S. tax cost on foreign operations utilized in quarterly tax provision calculations. Will also provide income tax guidance and leadership on a wide range of tax technical issues as well as support for the US federal income tax audit process for international issues. Location flexible, fully remote/virtual will be considered.
Tax Compliance and Audit:
- Will be responsible for US international tax compliance and reporting including GILTI, Subpart F, FTC, FDII, and the preparation of international forms, information statements, elections, and disclosures for the federal tax return
- Partner with tax controversy group to respond to assigned IDRs for the U.S. federal and state tax audits as they relate to the US taxation of foreign issues (such as Foreign Tax Credits, GILTI, 5471s etc.).
- Prepare, track, and archive audit ready workpapers to help ensure that we can adequately support filing positions
- Work with various groups within the tax department, corporate accounting, and treasury to gather data needed to support tax calculations
- Research and document various US international income tax matters
Financial Tax Reporting
- Responsible for calculating the US tax cost on foreign operations for quarterly effective tax rate purposes for CFCs. This includes the support of calculations relating to Subpart F, GILTI, and FTCs
- Track and communicate the quarterly tax accounting deliverables. This includes coordinating with Global Tax colleagues to ensure an understanding of ongoing and completed transactions. Lead discussions on US international income tax matters with the Company’s external auditor.
- Will be assigned special projects for US GAAP reporting relating to reorganizations, acquisitions or divestitures, international tax compliance, or other Global Tax issues as needed
- Establish strong relationships, demonstrate organizational and interpersonal skills to build a collaborative environment and foster open communication.
- Monitor and analyze US international proposed/enacted legislation to determine relevancy and impact to Company. Prepare models to calculate the potential tax impact to Company
- Train, mentor and develop direct reports and develop junior staff
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance; CPA and Masters in Taxation a plus
- 10+ years of professional experience in U.S. international income tax matters in Big 4 public accounting and/or publicly held multinational company
- Ability to maintain productive work partnerships and manage a high-performing team with a matured approach to leadership and problem solving.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple responsibilities, with attention to detail and accuracy
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong creative and analytical thought process and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with excellent prioritization and organizational skills.
- Experience with Corptax and SAP a plus
Additional Job Description:
The U.S. national annual pay range for this role noted below refers only to base pay. The total compensation for this role may include an annual performance bonus (or other incentive compensation, as applicable), equity, and medical/other benefits.
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Apply now >