Strategy-minded, growth-oriented marketing professional with a passion for connecting people with the products that solve their problems. I’m a marketing Swiss Army knife, able to balance business and creativity, plan for the long-range strategy and immediate needs – campaigns, journeys, social campaigns. I enjoy leading teams of direct reports and cross-functional teams, setting each up for success with proper planning, mentorship, and guidance. I’ve spent 15+ years in a B2B setting, but have been challenged in the last 5 years to grow DTC brands, while also managing large-scale Go-to-Market plans for new product launches, including messaging, branding, training, customer introduction and journeys, as well as sales and operations alignment.
Master of Communication Management, Annenberg School of Communications (MCM)
B.A. in Spanish Translation
Minor in Mass Media Communications
Spent 2 years at Universidad de Salamanca (Spain) leading the study abroad program and enrolled in the university. Internship with local winery translating marketing material to English to attract more US and European tourism.
Graduated Cum Laude in 3.5 years
• Develop and implement short and long-term brand strategies, including creation of brand vision, positioning, and promises for Hot Spring Spas, premier brand in the industry.
• Lead research studies including voice of customer reports and analyze trends to help identify opportunities for future growth. Monitor consumer and channel partner understandings and insights to define needs, attitudes and values that ensure a positive brand experience.
• Drive high-level messaging and brand positioning by working collaboratively with content development teams to produce inspiring collateral materials, compelling messaging, creation of point-of-sale/merchandising materials, execution of public relations, promotions, programs, and more.
• Work closely with the product management team on new product introductions and optimizations to ensure brand alignment and fulfillment of market needs.
• Lead cross-functional team to execute on-time product launches and manage Go-to-Market plans.
• Identify, monitor, and analyze key performance indicators for strategic initiatives including national campaigns along with supporting dealer enablement strategies.
• Oversee advertising and promotions for the three unique hot water wellness brands to increase brand exposure and generate qualified leads for channel partners.
• Create and maintain an annual marketing calendar to support local dealer marketing efforts.
• Maintain expense budget for brand activities.
• Steering committee member for large-scale customer education conference each year, including content creation, identifying training needs, and ensure brand message is properly conveyed.
• Promoted from Marketing Manager to Sr. Brand Manager of Hot Spring Spas (largest, most legacy brand in the industry)
• Developed and executed comprehensive omnichannel marketing plans to drive sales and brand affinity, including strategic planning, sales & promotion, digital marketing, customer communication and market research, resulting in 23% unit sales increase YOY and ~10x web traffic increase.
• Created Go-to-Market (GTM) plans resulting in unique content, materials, events, strategies, and product communication to support product launches and ongoing product adoption.
• Managed budgeting, forecasting, vendors, and team performance while establishing multi-channel KPIs, monitoring results, and pivoting the plan based on data. Managed marketing team.
• Led cross-functional team to bring legacy brand to DTC distribution, including creating e-commerce web property, updating Order to Cash process, navigating channel conflict, improving pricing and synergistic online/offline promotional strategy, and crafting customer journey and communications.
• Promoted from Brand Manager to Marketing Manager, overseeing Mass Merchant, DTC, and Specialty retail brands. Promoted to Sr. Brand & Marketing Manager for largest brand in spa industry.
• Developed and implemented marketing plans to generate record event revenue and attendance, including lead nurturing, digital advertising, and social media campaigns.
• Optimized social media presence through organic and paid campaigns, driving 10% growth in followers and 1200% return on ad spend (ROAS).
• Improved existing plans and processes to maximize efficacy of digital campaigns.
• Spearheaded public relations efforts, including press releases, media engagement, and management of media room.
Built a thriving marketing consultancy focused on the fitness industry – manufacturers, dealers, online retailers, and service providers – to deliver marketing plans that complemented sales and business goals, drove brand awareness, encouraged customer engagement, and generated qualified leads for sales team. Collaborate with customer principles to deliver websites, brochures, and sales collateral.
Key Customers & Projects
• Introduced new brand for growing fitness equipment reseller that established company as valuable resource in a crowded marketplace, including new logo, brand story, style guide, design elements, and ecommerce website, allowing health clubs to purchase equipment online.
• Launched integrated marketing strategy to drive leads, increasing by 25% over 6-month period through optimized website, improved lead capture methods, and enhanced digital marketing efforts.
• Revamped Google AdWords campaigns to improve CTR by 139%.
FITNESS ASSET MANAGER
• Developed and implemented fitness programs and initiatives to increase profitability, customer satisfaction, and engagement.
• Managed the day-to-day operations of multiple fitness facilities, ensuring safe and efficient operations.
• Tracked and monitored KPIs to assess efficiency and effectiveness of fitness programs. Crafted white papers based on data-driven results from programs as lead magnet for new client outreach.
RELAY FITNESS GROUP
• Developed and implemented a comprehensive marketing plan to drive B2B sales.
• Generated digital marketing assets and developed a lead-generating website with trigger campaigns.
• Created company assets, including brand guidelines, brochures, websites, and trade show graphics.
• Developed comprehensive marketing plans to increase lead generation and brand recognition.
• Implemented CRM system to optimize outbound marketing efforts and lead nurturing.
• Managed and mentored team of marketing professionals.
• Improved creative work cycle and new business closing rate.