My name is Floyd Long and I am a Howard University graduate, currently seeking employment. I would love to use my previous administrative and customer service experience in a new role in the field of Human Resources.
I bring a background spanning diverse roles and industries and have focused my skills in Human Resources, Customer Service, and training. From my time as a Human Resources Personnel Representative at NYC Health and Hospitals, where I have managed licensure and credential compliance, to my role as a Marketing Specialist for Verizon Wireless, where I engaged in employee training and marketing compliance, I have always took an interest in working in positions that help people.
This interest and dedication is a testament to my skills and abilities. Additionally, I bring strong analytical and critical thinking skills, proficiency in various software systems including PeopleSoft HR, and a solid educational background with a BBA in Finance from Howard University.
My goal is to find employment in human resources, however, I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to be considered for any administrative roles. If you’re seeking a dedicated and engaged professional with a commitment to excellence, I would be an ideal fit for your organization. Thank you for reading!
● Ensured compliance of clinical licensure by contacting staff to update medical credentials and performing verification process for all licensure and credentials. Input information and licensure in PeopleSoft HR and Onbase electronic filing systems
● Oversaw compliance of performance evaluations of hospital staff, ensuring submission in timely and accurate manner
● Assisted hospital leadership with addressing incorrect performance evaluations and troubleshooting for evaluation issues on PeopleSoft
● Created HR reports for hospital leadership, including reports on performance evaluations, past due required annual physicals, and licensure/credential information
● Processed reimbursement for career development courses and seminars taken by hospital employees
● Assisted with regular audits of employee files to prepare for Joint Commission and other surveys
● Advocated for staff members, helping to identify and resolve conflicts.
● Filled in for other roles of HR when necessary including but not limited to: onboarding and
employment tasks, front desk duties, and quality assurance of onboarding process.
● Responded to inbound calls, emails, and live chats from clients and consignors to achieve first contact resolution; made outbound calls to follow up on bids and convert bids to sales
● Worked with clients and consignors to move transactions through e-commerce sales pipeline
● Contacted consignors to discuss open offers and clients to discuss accepted offers in an effort
to drive sales
● Monitored deliveries and provided buyers with order delivery updates
● Filed and oversaw claims with shipping providers; resolved issues between shipping providers
and customers in a timely manner
● Guided potential and active consignors through consignment process
● Communicated product information with confidence and educated potential consumers about company.
● Provided support within a HR line to employees and leadership at HCA’s various hospitals and facilities
● Addressed employee issues and tasks utilizing “HRAsnwers” system, answering telephone calls and emails.
● Completed HR support functions including data entry, filing complaints of employee concerns, updating employee information and report processing
● Assisted with onboarding tasks for new employees including account set up and upload of new hire documents.
● Provided employees and leadership assistance navigating internal resources on self-service and HR technology tools.
● Produced and formatted weekly reports for buyers and merchants using RDW system
● Processed purchase orders for various buyers in a timely and accurate manner in Tradebeam
and Retek systems
● Organized and prioritized daily assignments from buyers of retail merchandise
● Worked closely with buyers to gain understanding of business area via frequent touch bases
● Processed weekly markdowns assigned by buyers
● Assisted management in maintaining overall performance of store by performing daily operational duties including: receiving and counting stock, updating store fixtures and maintaining demo devices
● Scheduled one-on-one sessions to ensure customers understand how to use their devices for their specific needs
● Facilitated wireless workshops for small customer groups, demonstrating specific tasks with hands-on instruction
● Trained retail staff on how to use new devices and techniques to increase sales
● Helped customers locate products and checked store system for merchandise at other sites.
● Maintained high level of understanding of wireless industry standards and trends.