I am an IT Professional with 9 years experience, I have worked as a system administrator, network administrator, database administrator, IT consultant, security consultant and IT Manager.
Major in Applied Communications, Leadership and Culture.
Minor in International Studies.
– Planning, Acquiring, and Designing new networks for building expansion: BMS, PLC, IoT and Corporate networks.
– Redesign and implementation of network isolation using Access Control Lists, Firewall rules, Network Policies and VLANs.
– Implementation of Microsoft Intune for device management (MDM), Autopatch and configuration profiles exceeding security baselines (87.7% Secure Compliance).
– Creation of Automate Flows and Power Apps with SharePoint to elevate business processes for Operations, HR and Finance departments
– Implementation of Microsoft Defender ATP, Security Awareness through Password Management and Email Phishing Campaigns.
– IT Budget planning and forecasting, including vendor communication and purchase fulfillment. Team Project Management through use of Kanban board and Scrums.
– Deployed Azure AD Hybrid and Office 365 in collaboration with sister company’s IT team to replace
standalone Microsoft Office licenses and Exchange On-Premises, unifying all departments country-wide on
Office 365 and Azure. This diminished costs and streamlined a major part of the Microsoft Licensing
renewal process for both teams.
– Created automation for weekly security scans to generate reports on the system’s security flaws.
– Research and development of the most cost-effective network solutions for overhauling the network
infrastructure. The result of the project was the migration from Fibre Channel to QSFP and SFP+ standards.
– Technical Writer with the GeoREACH Lab at UPEI.
– Writing and developing technical lessons on QGIS Open-Source software and Geospatial Systems for the Open Education Resource (OER) Geospatial e-Textbook.
– Creating content for review in Google Docs, and post-review format and input into Robertson Library’s PressBooks.
– Identity and Access Management (IAM), Single Sign On (SSO), Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)
– Threat Management and Protection via monitoring systems and CASB solutions
– Scanning infrastructure for existing exploits and vulnerabilities
– Addressing Zero-day exploits and vulnerabilities
– Automated workstation imaging process, cutting the process from 1 day to 30 minutes.
– Managed projects for the team and helped create priorities and action plans, utilizing Kanban
– Identified assets that would be becoming out of warranty or support contract expiration for the next fiscal
year’s budgets and researched the best replacement.
– Implement a monitoring system to switch from reactive IT practices to proactive ones, tracking disk space,
performance degradation, traffic congestion, and other infrastructure bottlenecks.