Platform.sh is a remote-first global workforce building a better cloud platform to create, manage and responsibly scale web applications.
As a collective with diverse backgrounds, we work together to test, innovate, and challenge one another, finding new ways to reimagine digital experiences. We’re here to help our customers thrive.
Bring your experience to our team, and help us build a better way.
As a member of the Developer Relations team, you will play a key role in better understanding how our developers use the product – from onboarding and first explorations, to advanced Enterprise applications – and using what you’ve learned to enable the community and to champion feature requests and improvements on their behalf.
You’ll work directly with Documentation writers, Product Managers, and Engineering to use what you’ve found to improve the developer experience for every user by producing technical articles, documentation, example code, and training resources, and to advocate for that experience in event talks and public demos.
Your goal will be to cultivate relationships within developer communities, all for the purpose of providing the resources and context needed to enable developers to make cool things that solve real problems with Platform.sh. It’s from those relationships that you will be best able to create resources well aware of best practices in those communities, and how best to support integrations between popular tools and Platform.sh.
The Product organization is distributed across the Americas and Europe.
What you can expect:
- Write, update, and maintain documentation around best practices working with our product using a variety of frameworks and programming languages
- Research best practices within developer communities in order to produce and maintain example codebases meant to be deployed by our users
- Transform research into interesting blog posts
- Leverage research into content for conference and meetups talks, that can be given at both online and in-person events
- Assist internal teams as a technical resource for improving developer experience generally, as well as around the specifics of a given framework and runtime
- Collaborate with all teams throughout Developer Experience to produce documentation, onboarding materials and training paths
- Plan and participate in team webinars, live streams, and workshops
- Cultivate collaborative relationships with our users as well as external developer communities
What you bring:
The ideal candidate will possess a unique blend of technical knowledge and experience working with Python, in web development, as well as the creative impetus to turn research into public resources in a collaborative environment.
- Technical writing experience with blog posts and documentation
- Speaking experience at conferences, meetups, and live streams. Good communication skills, public speaking.
- Web development knowledge and experience in Python. Knowledge of, and willingness to investigate, best practices to provide resources and integrations between Platform.sh, Blackfire.io, and popular Python frameworks and tools.
- An understanding of the day-to-day problems a developer encounters deploying applications, as well as the tooling currently being used to solve those problems, especially DevOps best practices, CI/CD, local development, and performance
- A caring mindframe and an empathetic spirit. The ability to think from other perspectives is a tool we ask of all employees
- A passion for the developer experience, software development and tooling
- Excellent communication skills that are clear, concise and empower teams into action
Nice to have:
- A history of open-source contribution
- Experience working remotely in a distributed team
- An interest in developing integrations first-hand, between Platform.sh, Blackfire.io, and popular frameworks
What we bring as a team:
- Join a team of fellow tinkerers to deep dive into frameworks and tooling, share that knowledge through example code and technical documentation, and investigate the bugs and edge cases that need visibility so our users don’t have to
- An open work environment where your voice is welcomed on any topic
- A culture of constant improvement, no process for process sake or hierarchical red-tape
- We are a growing company and actively foster internal promotion opportunities
This is a remote job. Work from anywhere in North America!
We’re a worldwide, distributed team looking for the best talent. Our remote model has been in practice and thriving since 2014. To us, remote work means flexibility and having truly diverse, global teams. A clear and concise written communication style is required for success in the role and the company. The cover letter to your application will be the first test of this metric.
Company benefits and perks:
- An innovative product you can believe in. We’re sustainably changing the way companies develop and manage their web applications
- We’re voted as A Best Place to Work by 96% of our employees, Forbes Top 30 Companies for Remote Jobs, and in France Best Workplaces for Women
- Hands on leadership that cares in a flexible, open work environment, where your voice is encouraged. We can always find ways to do better and look forward to hearing your ideas
- A global team, rich with culture and diversity
- Company-wide DE&I initiative that you can be a part of
- Annual international company and team meetups (when we’re not experiencing a pandemic)
- Wellness stipend and Professional development budget
- Office equipment budget
- Fair PTO (standards based on location)
- Inclusive parental leave (timeline based on location)
- Healthcare, dental, and vision (US, CA, UK, and FR employees only)
- Tandem – a pool of linguists from around the world willing to help each other work on learning new languages
- Additional compensation for on-call ops and support employees
- Company shares (discretionary)
- Unlimited Platform.sh accounts