Follow and catch a glimpse of what #LifeAtNelnet is like.
Nelnet Business Services (NBS), a division of Nelnet, Inc., provides payment technology, education services, and learning management solutions to education and faith-based organizations, serving more than 1,300 higher education institutions, 11,500 K-12 schools, 3,500 churches, and millions of individual students, families, and supporters across the globe. Our culture of service enables us to form long-lasting and trusted partnerships, while our focus on creativity and innovative solutions empowers our customer communities to thrive.
As a Nelnet company, the perks at NBS go beyond our benefits package. You’re part of a community, invested in you as an individual and united by our mission to create opportunities for people where they live, learn and work.
Assist organization in modernizing DevOps functions. Solid foundational understanding and experience with Kubernetes, Containers, Service Based Development, AWS, GitLab, Jira, etc. Development experience with Java and .NET a plus.
This position requires work in support of the Company’s contract with the United States Department of Education (“ED”). As such, the United States Government requires that any applicant for this position must complete United States Government security clearance. Effective June 1, 2018, ED has informed Nelnet that security clearance applications for foreign nationals are not being accepted or processed. In light of this direction from ED, Nelnet will be unable to hire applicants without United States citizenship for such positions.
Colorado Candidates: Pay range for this role is $90,000-$130,000
We are looking for a DevOps architect to work with multiple teams to architect, create, and manage our next-gen software development process and create an automated delivery pipeline that assists in building software more efficiently. The responsibilities of a DevOps architect include assessing, supporting, and implementing high-quality information technology architecture.
To be successful as a DevOps architect, you should demonstrate a leadership mindset, solid operational experience, and the ability to problem-solve. Ultimately, a top-notch DevOps Architect should have exceptional communication skills, be knowledgeable about the latest industry trends, and highly innovative.
– BS / MS in Computer Science, Engineering, related discipline or equivalent experience
– Minimum 6 years of experience in software development with a strong expertise in at least one key competency.
– 2 to 3 years of experience as a technical or development leader with a demonstrated ability to deliver medium to large scale technology solutions.
– Strong full-stack development and infrastructure knowledge. Experienced with software development, configuration management, and infrastructure setup.
– Strong automation skills (tool agnostic) and the ability to drive initiatives to automate processes.
– In-depth knowledge of the full software development lifecycle; with exposure to agile or iterative approaches to delivery preferred.
– Strong operational experience in Windows and Linux/Unix environments, and with enterprise networking (F5, DNS, Certificates, Kerberos, etc.)
– Ability to review deployment and operational environments to reduce failure, identify bottlenecks, and troubleshoot issues across infrastructure / CI & CD pipelines.
– Effective cross-functional leadership skills: working with engineering and operational teams to ensure systems are secure, scalable, and reliable.
– Expert skill with Docker, Powershell, Jenkins / TeamCity, Chef, Ansible, Git / TFS, or similar. Implementation experience with CI, CD and DevOps solutions.
– Sound knowledge and hands-on experience with cloud-based environments using cloud agnostic tools and techniques. AWS experience a plus.
– Understanding of best practices, standards and methods to integrate applications within the organization and with external partners.
– Strong verbal and written communication skill; with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
– Ability to quickly learn new technologies and business functions.
– Strong analytical skills to determine effective approaches to business solutions.
– Self-directed with the ability to motivate, inspire, and lead team members on an application solution.
– Knowledge in the area of NIST compliance, ISSO2 strongly desired.
– Demonstrated effective performance in a team-oriented environment
– US Citizen with Ability to obtain 6C Federal security clearance.
Personalised job alerts
Set up personalised e-mail alerts about similar remote jobs
If this sounds like you, follow the link below to apply.
Please let Nelnet know you found this position on Jobicy.
Nelnet is hiring a remote DevOps Architect from USA
This is a Full Time role.