We value inclusivity and diversity at Envato. Research shows candidates from neurodiverse and underrepresented backgrounds often only apply for roles if they meet all the criteria. We like to make our hiring decisions based on experience and passion, so if you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments please let us know. We also encourage you to let us know the pronouns you use at any point during the recruitment process.
Our focus is on helping people to complete their creative projects, with our author community earning every time that happens.
Envato proudly impacts the lives of creatives all over the world, from web developers and graphic designers, to marketers, videographers, photographers and more. We’ve built a community where anyone can get their creative projects done, and where creators bring their ideas to life and in the process, earn a living doing what they love. It doesn’t get much better than that!
We are a global and rapidly scaling business. Blending purpose and profit, we’re a passionate B Corp, committed to making a positive impact on the communities we engage in. You can read more about our purpose, mission and values on our website.
We’ve embraced flexibility for a long time – where we can, let’s make work, work for you! Our roles can be based ANYWHERE in Australia or New Zealand, and while we all mostly work from home we’re proud of how we keep our global team connected.
This team supports our Envato Market product which is a marketplace where creatives can purchase a one off creative asset. Market is a big part of Envato’s history, has a huge presence in the industry and is one of the top 100 marketplace sites in the world. The team have very intersting technical problems to solve at scale!
A Senior Software Engineer provides technical and delivery leadership for a team of software engineers working on specific projects. This role will work with stakeholders and other software engineers to design and implement technical solutions for the business in a way that balances quality, cost, time and maintainability.
You will have built and managed large scale, web facing systems serving millions of requests a month while still supporting many deploys a day. You understand that configuring and managing this scale of infrastructure requires a fully-automated infrastructure provisioning toolset. You need to have a broad knowledge of system administration, networking, databases, security, storage and performance and have expertise in at least one of these disciplines.
We value people who can roll up their sleeves and get things done while keeping the big goals in sight. As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll be part of a team that supports the wider engineering team to ensure the reliability of Envato’s websites. Here’s a snapshot of your day-to-day:
Some of the great things we offer:
• We provide Macs or HP’s for you to do your best work, as well as a generous tech spend allowance of $1800 (AU) / $2000 (NZ) for an initial tech set-up to suit your needs, and an ongoing allowance
• Home office setup contribution – all employees receive a one off payment of $1000 (AU) / $1200 (NZ) to create or uplift your home office working space
• Monthly contribution to support work from home costs $50 (AU) / $60 (NZ)
• Paid Parental Leave – Envato will top up from the government parental leave scheme so that the Primary Carer receives 20 weeks leave at full pay (with the option to take it as 40 weeks at half pay), and for partner parental leave we offer 3 weeks full pay for eligible team members
• In addition to paid parental leave, we also pay superannuation on the paid and unpaid portion of the Primary Carer period for up to 12 months
• Employees receive an annual individual allowance to connect with colleagues as you choose $150 (AU) / $160 (NZ)
• Profit share – when Envato generates a profit in a given financial year, we share a portion of that profit with staff
• An annual individual Learning & Development budget for each employee
• Free Envato Elements subscription for side gigs/personal use
• Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• We’re B Corp certified & believe in succeeding sustainably as one global team
• Public Holiday Swap – recognising that employees may have different religious and cultural practices, as well as different political beliefs, Envato’s Public Holiday Swap policy allows employees to swap up to 4 public holidays a year for another day of significance
• We support the flexibility to work from anywhere (and the opportunity to combine work & travel) by supporting our people to work from almost any location in the world for up to 3 months every year, and offering up to 20 days of additional purchased leave
• We removed standard hours from our employment contracts to empower our people to work in a way that makes sense to them
• We are committed to supporting the physical and mental health and wellbeing of our people. Through our Health & Wellbeing program, Thrive, we offer a range of options and benefits throughout the year
• We support working parents through a range of initiatives, including being a proud partner with Grace Papers
• As part of our values and vision, Envato contributes 2% of profits to charities in each of the three main countries we operate in (Australia, Mexico, and the US)
Envato is proud to be a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer and we commit to respond to every applicant.