We have been a 100% remote-first company since 2014 with a global team of ~150 today. Our headquarters are just outside Washington DC.
What are we doing at Uscreen?
Uscreen is a growing (and profitable) bootstrapped product-led SaaS business revolutionizing the way that video-based entrepreneurs & creators monetize their content.
Uscreen provides an all-in-one video membership platform. We empower video-based entrepreneurs to monetize subscriptions, communities, courses, and live-streamed events across platforms (web, mobile, & TV).
25,000+ video creators sell, market, manage, & grow their businesses with Uscreen — and they generate hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue doing it.
As Senior Accountant, you will revise and implement financial controls and systems that enable Uscreen to operate efficiently. You will handle everything from paying bills and ensuring timely tax filings to providing financial reporting and developing systems for procurement. Over time, you will implement systems and tools to ensure our operations scale. This role will report directly to the CEO.
Our current team is lean, composed of two full-time teammates in Financial Operations and an external Accounting firm, which we want to bring in-house. This is an ideal role for someone with a strong accounting background who is hungry, scrappy, strategic and has a high degree of ownership.
What you’ll do
- Manage day-to-day accounting operations and month-end close process to ensure accurate and timely close of US GAAP financial statements
- Oversee AR, AP, T&E and monthly credit card reconciliation process
- Prepare and oversee prep of monthly journal entries and account reconciliations
- Analyze revenue and expenses to ensure they are recorded accurately monthly and identify any unusual monthly trends
- Assist in tax compliance & liaison with the tax accounting firm
- Publish policy documentation on various processes that impact accounting
- Assist in following up on past due receivables & be a point of contact for customers with billing related inquiries
- Continually look for ways to improve processes and systems
- Additional ad-hoc projects as needed
Do you have what it takes?
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive accounting experience, preferably in a SaaS or technology company
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (or similar experience)
- Strong understanding of GAAP and revenue recognition principles, including ASC 606
- A strong work ethic, with the capability and desire to work in a dynamic and demanding environment to meet critical deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and senior management
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- A demonstrated ability to identify potential issues before they occur and create new processes where warranted
You get bonus points if…
- Having an active CPA license
- Quickbooks experience
Our commitment to you
- We will compensate you competitively.
- 100% Remote – Work from wherever your heart desires, as long as you have access to a stable internet and a conducive workspace.
- Our flexible, unlimited PTO policy encourages every team member to take the time they need to unwind and recharge.
- We also offer flexible parental leave.
- Your home office should be ergonomic and inspirational to help you make some magic. We’ll give you a generous WFH stipend to help you set one up.
- And if WFH is not for you, we’re happy to pay for your coworking space.
- We’re proud to offer personal development and mental wellness stipend.
- We host virtual social events and company retreats filled with fun activities to ensure you feel part of Uscreen.
Apply now >