Our mission at Wrapbook is to increase the prosperity of the project economy. A significant shift has occurred within the workforce recently and 50M Americans are now engaged in freelance or project-based work. The popularity of project based employment has introduced flexibility for both employers and employees but also added complexities from a compensation and administrative standpoint. Our vertical fintech platform enables companies to seamlessly onboard, pay and insure their workforces.
We’re building the best product for the entertainment industry, a 50B market, and have big goals we want to achieve. With over 130M USD raised from Tiger Global Management, Andreessen Horowitz, Equal Ventures, Uncork Capital, Jeffrey Katzenberg and CAA co-founder Michael Ovitz, we are at an exciting stage of growth and there isn’t a better time to join!
The Opportunity – Chief Technology Officer (Remote – USA / CANADA)
The Chief Technology Officer will lead all of development, including product engineering, platform, mobile and Security/IT for Wrapbook, and will be a trusted advisor to the executive leadership team, as well as other key stakeholders. Reporting directly to Ali Javid, Co-Founder and CEO, the CTO will be tasked with executing on the company’s technology and product roadmap and make investment decisions that align technology needs with the company’s vision and business goals. They will be a resourceful, impactful, and trusted advocate on behalf of the company, while preparing the Engineering organization for scale and growth.
What you’ll do:
- Take ownership of the entire engineering organization including Security and Corporate IT. Drive the evolution of the technology stack and overall platform architecture.
- Lead, mentor, and elevate the skills and capabilities of the team, and ensure retention of Tier-1 talent. Review resource levels in the various teams and ensure that adequate resources (in terms of numbers, skill levels, experience, etc.) are available to meet current and anticipated workloads.
- Work closely with the senior leadership team to ensure that development plans, resources and strategies are coordinated across all departments in a cohesive and collaborative fashion.
- Manage the security and IT team, making it a priority for the engineering organization to create a strong security culture. Evaluate the organization today in terms of people, process and technology.
- Flawless execution; on a tactical level, optimize and drive efficiency in the engineering organization. Ensure visibility and predictability around engineering processes, systems, etc. Make engineering a well oiled machine that delivers on-time, to customer requirements and is forward-thinking.
- Drive overall technical vision and direction regarding platform architecture and evolution. From an engineering standpoint, ensure an enterprise-class platform that is scalable, flexible, reliable, and secure.
- Partner closely with Product Management and other business departments to co-develop the product roadmap and ensure tight alignment between Engineering and Product.
- Identify and establish useful metrics and KPIs for the organization, and closely measure Engineering’s impact on the business.
- Balance the workload of the technology function by juggling the need to sustain the current platform with devoting time and effort to future products and features.
- From a technology perspective, evangelize Wrapbook’s revolutionary platform both externally and internally, and continue nurturing thought leadership in the industry.
- Reinforce a “customer first” mentality and culture within the Engineering team. Spearhead, develop and maintain processes and procedures needed to ensure the stable and dependable growth of the function to meet the ever growing demands of the business and its customers.
- Foster a team culture of high performance, transparency, and accountability; drive the team with positive energy and don’t be afraid to push people out of their comfort zone.
- Act as the Engineering organization’s “mission driven leader”; bring high energy, enthusiasm, and a positive, can-do attitude to the team. Support Wrapbook’ values of building an open environment for our technology, and of ownership, learning, mission driven impact, and creating a great place to work.
What you’ll have:
- 10+ years experience in reputable technology companies and has experience owning security/IT.
- Has been the top Engineering leader (Senior Officer experience) at an established, high-growth software company. Can point to meaningful scale and commercial product success in the market. Experience reporting to a non-technical CEO is a plus.
- Exceptional team builder and operational manager. Clear track record of leading and recruiting successful, high-quality, collaborative and diverse development teams of 150+ across multiple locations.
- Combination of large and early-stage /scaling-up company experience is considered ideal. Proven ability to operate in an entrepreneurial, rapid-growth environment, yet has seen operations at scale.
- Experience developing and delivering complex, highly scalable, end-to-end cloud-based solutions and/or services (both platform and front-end / applications) for the Enterprise.
- Clearly an organizational leader that brings both strategic and tactical capabilities. Able to earn the respect of the team on the basis of technical vision, leading crisp execution, and decision making ability.
- Charismatic, strong executive presence, and excellent communication skills; highly influential both externally (with customers and partners) as well as internally at the senior leadership and board levels. Can distill down technical concepts for non-technical audiences.
- Strong performance and accountability orientation. Not afraid to take calculated risks; brings a mentality of rapid innovation and the desire to attain big goals. Driven to succeed, achievement oriented, self-motivated.
- Proven success supporting diversity, equity, and inclusion strategies.
- Flexible, nimble, and decisive; gathers the data and makes informed, critical decisions quickly.
- Ability to think strategically and analytically to help solve complex business challenges under pressure.
- Mission driven with an intense focus on quality and customers, and incorporating user feedback into products.
- BS, MS, and/or PhD in Computer Science or Computer Engineering is preferred.
Why Join Us
At Wrapbook, creativity meets technology — and not just in the product.
In addition to a competitive salary and all the benefits you can expect from a fast-growing technology company, you’ll get access to a team of creative problem solvers and the chance to see your contributions make large impacts. Benefits include:
- Minimum Time Off: Everyone is encouraged to take at least 3 weeks off annually.
- Work from anywhere in Canada and USA
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Up to $1500 towards IT set up for your home
- Up to 4% matching RRSP / 401K
- Learning and Development Allowance
- $150 Monthly Lifestyle Benefits
Our Pledge to Fostering an Inclusive and Safe Workplace:
Wrapbook pledges to be a harassment- and discrimination-free space for everyone, regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, nationality, neurotype, personal appearance, political affiliation, professional background, race, religion, or sexual identity or orientation.
Base Salary Range: $350-425K OTE + Equity (Note that salary may depend on level of experience, education and the geographical location)
Wrapbook employs individuals across the United States and Canada, and this salary range spans multiple geographic zones based on market benchmark data. Your zone is dependent on where you live. Please discuss with your Talent Partner at Wrapbook to get further details on your zone-specific pay range.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our Talent team will be in touch with you shortly!
Apply now >