Wayfair is looking for an experienced Staff Engineer to own the technical strategy and execution of Wayfair’s Global Loyalty, Payments, Financing and Fraud platform and experiences across all of our retail brands (Wayfair, Perigold, AllModern, Joss & Main, Birch Lane) and geographies (currently 5 countries and, growing to 15+ over the next few years). In 2022, Wayfair processed ~$12 billion in net revenue which at our $800+ billion (and growing) total addressable market means we are just getting started.
This team’s mission is to provide a world-class, global platform to create a delightful transactional experience for our customers and suppliers while managing any transaction risk and the total cost of payment.
This role empowers a cross-functional team of engineering, product management, design, and analytics. We’re rapidly expanding our payments platform (encompassing fintech, loyalty, and fraud) to meet customer demand with a focus on efficiency, scalability, and profitability, with real-time impact on the entire business.
What You’ll Do
- Serve as the technical lead in the critical domain, designing & building a platform that interfaces with many different systems within and outside Wayfair and partner globally
- Play a key role in developing and driving a multi-year technology strategy for Wayfair’s Fintech & Loyalty ecosystem
- Architect and review code to implement high-quality, scalable, future-proof services that will have effective system boundaries and will support long-term vision & strategy
- Conduct technical debate across an entire platform and help come to durable documented conclusions
- Drive high-impact architectural solutions and hands-on development, including inception, design, execution, and delivery following good design and coding practices
- Obsessively focus on production readiness for the team including testing, monitoring, deployment, documentation, and proactive troubleshooting
- Identify risks and gaps in technical approaches and propose solutions to meet the department’s technical vision
- Influence and contribute to the department’s strategy and roadmap
- Support the growth of other engineers technically by mentoring, pairing, and developing other opportunities for education
- Be externally recognized as a collaborative and credible subject matter expert for the broader team’s focus area
What You’ll Need
- 15+ years of experience in engineering, with a preference for candidates with a mix of start-up and large-company experience
- Nice to have: Payments engineering domain expertise, especially experience with larger scale integrations (credit cards, financing, BNPL, applications)
- Ecommerce or customer-facing technology experience on a high traffic website is also a huge plus
- Hands-on experience driving software transformations within high-growth environments at scale
- Experienced in architecting and building large-scale, cloud-based technology
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated experience driving teams forward and ability to influence results
- Exposure to cloud native technologies (GCP, AWS, Azure) at scale
- Distributed systems experience
- Data based technologies in the cloud
This is a fully virtual role with potential travel to our Boston headquarters.
For candidates based on PST or MST, this role may require flexible hours because of its cross-functional nature with Berlin and India based teams.
The salary range for this position is $189,000-$222,000; however, base pay offered may vary depending on location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered.
Apply now >