We are looking for an engineer that can contribute toward the design, implementation and optimization of cloud native and on-premise infrastructure toward supporting PL and its partners with access for Filecoin/FVM network.
You are an infrastructure-oriented software engineer who can contribute toward the design, implementation and maintenance of tools, while driving software improvements in the PL Web3 stack, supporting team and stakeholder objectives.
- Own multi-week sprints and quarter-long epics from conception to delivery
- Maintain proactive async communication with stakeholders to provide updates and progress reports
- Establish measurable service level objectives in collaboration with stakeholders
- Establish comprehensive observability over the performance of supported services
- Improve collaboration and remove friction within and around our team
- Write high-quality design proposals and technical documentation
- Offer bespoke infrastructure support where high-priority opportunities arise
- Adopt and apply deep domain knowledge (specifically in Protocol Lab’s Interplanetary Stack (libp2p, ipfs, filecoin, etc)) to understand and anticipate how it applies within and around your responsibilities
- Promote a positive, productive, and constructive engineering culture toward adopting best practices, experimentation and failing quickly toward success
- Support operations and monitoring of core Filecoin Network Infrastructure including Bootstrap Nodes, Disputers, Chain Snapshotting, api.chain.love, stats.filecoin.io and more
- Become familiar with Filecoin implementation (primarily Lotus) and contribute bug fixes and new features. Push on operational improvements in the software to make running it at scale easier and more approachable for decentralized operations and infrastructure teams.
- Mastery of fundamental software engineering practices: testing, debugging, automating, refactoring, and consideration to future maintenance
- Excellent communication skills on both technical and non-technical issues
- A keen awareness of teamwork, process, and patterns of successful collaboration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- +5 years experience with the modern programming language
- +5 years experience working in an infrastructure/backend engineering position.
- +3 years experience working in distributed systems:
- bonus: Peer to peer networking and computing.
- bonus: Familiarity with ethereum smart contract
- Bonus Points (not required but things to look for):
- Proficiency with the Go programming language
- Disciplined application versioning
- Preference toward leaving code better than how it was found
- Thorough documentation to increase the next contributor’s quality including details such as: introduction to development lifecycle, expectations for user experience, usage examples, or maintaining practical test coverage
- Being accountable for operational support based on an on-call rotational model.
- Knowledgeable in the Storage domain at the kernel and application layers.
- Involvement with Filecoin Storage Providers or Crypto Mining.
- Experience working remotely in a distributed team.
- Experience with Open Source Software and working out in the open.
What’s it like to work at Protocol Labs?
Protocol Labs’ mission is to improve humanity’s most important technology, the Internet. We build protocols, systems, and tools to improve how it works. Today, we are focused on how we store, locate, and move information. Our projects include IPFS, Filecoin, libp2p, and more.
As a distributed team, we hire anywhere in the world, and at various levels of experience (entry, senior, staff). We look for people with unique perspectives and diverse backgrounds.
The base pay for this position currently ranges from $225,000 to $260,000, plus cryptocurrency, equity, and opportunities for upside through performance rewards in cryptocurrency and equity. The base pay is based on a number of factors and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, experience, skills, abilities, training, and education. We also have a great benefits package, including parental and other forms of leave, contributions to your retirement, and unlimited time off. For U.S.-based employees, we also provide competitive health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family.
Apply now >