Newport, an Ascensus company, helps employers offer their associates a more secure financial future through retirement plans, insurance and consulting services. Newport offers comprehensive plan solutions and consulting expertise to plan sponsors and the advisors who serve them. As a provider and partner, Newport is independent, experienced, and responsive.
Job Summary: Manages assigned non-qualified retirement services client accounts and relationships to include communications, administration, problem identification and resolution, as well as reporting to meet contractual requirements and the client’s expectations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Builds on our service reputation and relationships to position Newport as the client’s provider of choice for non-qualified plans as well as additional products and services.
- Develops and maintains relationships with plan sponsors and human resources contacts of assigned new and existing client organizations to become the provider for information and resources related to their retirement plans.
- Ensures the provision of retirement services expected along with compliance of contractual requirements; identifies and resolves areas of concern as well as verifies accuracy and completeness of initial documentation and materials provided to clients; resolves related issues.
- Comes up to speed quickly with unfamiliar processes and procedures.
- Desires to thrive in fast-paced environment.
- Builds strong internal relationships and communicates effectively with senior managers.
- Self-starter working in a fast-paced, demanding environment under tight deadlines.
- Focuses on learning in everyday activities and events.
- Collaborates with and openly shares knowledge with colleagues.
- Regular, reliable and punctual attendance.
Required Education, Experience and Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of education and industry experience.
- 5+ years of total experience in Retirement Services, 401(k) environment helpful.
- 3-5 years of related relationship management experience with demonstrated relationship building experience.
- Strong systems-based skills.
- Strong presentation skills in front of committees or executive population
- Strong MS Office Skills with an emphasis in Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Preferred (but not required) education or skills for this role are
- Non-qualified 409A experience a plus.
- Builds Collaborative Relationships
- Detail Oriented
- Information Seeker
- Strategic Approach to Relationship Management
- Avid Learner
- Excellent Written and Verbal Skills
Apply now >