As a global marketing experience company, Quad’s goal is to help our clients win every day. We use our data-driven integrated marketing and manufacturing platform to streamline solutions for our clients, reduce friction and enhance their marketing spend effectiveness. We’ve built a rich legacy by believing in our people, allowing them to act like owners and to take charge of their own success. Whether an operator, sales rep, a graphic artist or a clinician, we’re all driven to perform at our best— for ourselves and our clients. At our core, we’re a company that believes we can always create a better way.
The Tax Lead plays a significant role in domestic income tax function, primarily focused on state income tax matters:
State and local income / franchise taxes:
- Lead state tax return compliance, including some preparation and some review of Tax Analyst, plus collaboration with consultants
- Review apportionment and state effective tax rate calculations
- Review reconciliation of income tax payable and receivable accounts, including recovery of outstanding refunds
- Preparation of ASC 740 accounting for income taxes as it relates to state income taxes for interim and year-end reporting
- Nexus review and related legal entity planning
- State income tax audit defense in coordination with Director of Global Tax
Other key responsibilities and tasks:
- Detailed review of fixed assets for federal and state income tax purposes, including responsibility for making changes to tax books in fixed asset software
- Participate in income tax consulting and implementation of tax planning ideas, in collaboration with Director of Global Tax
- Participate in process improvement of compliance and accounting for income tax function
- Cross-train and development other income tax team members
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with a preference for a Master’s Degree in Taxation and/or Accounting
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience with income tax, including exposure to multi-state tax compliance for large consolidated groups
- CPA certification is preferred
- Strong analytical, organizational, and critical thinking skills with a keen attention to detail
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a self-directed environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Apply now >