We’re looking for Product Designers (Senior, Lead or Principal) to help shape our all-in-one privacy solution and join our mission to show the world that protecting your privacy online can be simple.
As part of our growing team, you will collaborate with team members at all levels to identify and solve problems across our current product offering, as well as helping to pioneer new solutions as we build out the privacy layer for the Internet. You will be involved in the entire design process, from ideation to execution, and have a voice in all product decisions, big and small.
You will autonomously lead highly impactful projects that scale across millions of users from proposal through to postmortem assessing vague problems, proposing high impact solutions, and executing them against a set of success criteria. You will also:
- Practice hands-on leadership, by creating pixel perfect mockups, flows, and prototypes.
- Champion the future of our products by keeping the team informed of the latest industry trends.
- Solve challenging design problems in a creative and visually impactful way.
- Collaborate with engineers to ship exceptional user experiences.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to create impactful work informed by data and user feedback.
- Actively participate in maintaining a strong design culture with an openness to educate others.
We empower our team to be self-directed and self-motivated in their work. If you’d thrive in that environment, and our core values resonate with you — build trust, question assumptions, and validate direction — you’ll fit right in!
What You Will Bring to DuckDuckGo:
- Ability to lead and collaborate on high-impact and complex projects from proposal through post-mortem.
- Skills to wrangle vague problems, propose innovative solutions, and execute them with a strong focus on metrics.
- 6+ years of product design experience with a minimum of 2+ years designing consumer-facing products.
- A proven track record designing customer facing products like websites and apps, as demonstrated in your portfolio.
- Strong attention to craft and and ability to communicate visual and interaction recommendations with high quality mockups and prototypes that will end up directly in the hands of users.
- Strong aesthetic sensibility with acute attention to detail.
- Prior experience participating in multiple areas of the product process, e.g. user testing, producing mockups.
- Ability to carry ideas forward with confidence and discretion while working proactively, independently and transparently.
- Expertise working with and evolving design systems across products.
- Proficiency with leveraging both qualitative and quantitative data in making design decisions.
How We Will Support You:
Our core values — build trust, question assumptions, and validate direction — underpin how we work day-to-day and the support we give our team members. We strive to empower our team members to be self-directed and self-motivated in their work.
- Remote First, Always: We’ve always been a fully distributed company with team members all over the world. We trust you to get your work done wherever, whenever.
- Commitment to Personal Growth: Every team member has an annual budget of $1,250 USD to invest in their professional development. Every team member also has a dedicated Career Advisor, who serves as a guide to help you develop your strengths, identify your motivations, and understand your opportunities for growth.
- Leadership: We have many different types of leaders and possible combinations of leadership roles, so you can grow your career in a way that aligns best with your personal goals. You can seek additional leadership roles by being directly responsible for projects, taking ownership of areas of the company, developing and maintaining internal processes, or pursuing advisory roles.
- Work/Life Balance: Team members have the freedom and flexibility to organize their own work schedules. We want you to thrive both in and out of the office. We trust you to use good judgment and take the time off that you need to bring your best self to work.
Annual compensation: $170,000 USD and stock options. Compensation is the same within a professional level, regardless of geographic location or functional area, and the compensation for each professional level is transparent across the organization.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
DuckDuckGo provides equal work opportunities to all team members and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, caste, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by our policies or federal, state, or local laws.
Please note that:
- Sometimes we meet up! Expect to travel at least two times a year: once for our all-hands meetup and again for a team retreat (each around 4-5 days). While extenuating circumstances may impact attendance, everyone is strongly encouraged to attend.
- While we offer a flexible work arrangement with no core hours, expect an average full-time commitment of 40 hours per week.
- A successful candidate will be subject to a background check and must receive satisfactory results of the same, as a condition of joining the team.
- By applying for this role, you confirm that all information submitted is accurate and complete. You further acknowledge that providing false or fraudulent information during the application process is cause for denial of an offer, revocation of any existing offer, or other adverse action, up to and including termination after the start of your commencement of work.
Apply now >