At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
Job Description Summary:
As part of the DEATCH and Northern Europe (NEU) Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team and working closely with regional Senior Management, you will develop your analytical and presentation skills while gaining a deep understanding of PayPal’s fast-growing business across the DEATCH and NEU regions as well as other Core Markets (UK, Southern Europe, Australia and New Zealand). Role reporting to the DEATCH/NEU FP&A Manager.
Internship location – Dreilinden (near Berlin), Germany. Remote work within Germany is possible.
Internship duration – 6 months, starting April 2024
- Work with the DEATCH & Northern Europe FP&A team to deliver performance insights to the regional Senior Management team and central Core Markets FP&A team, enabling optimal decision making.
- Support the regular finance reporting cycles (weekly, monthly, quarterly) to produce analytical dashboards, reviews of monthly business performance, quarterly targets, and annual budget for the DEATCH and Northern Europe regions.
- Perform deep dive analyses to understand revenue trends; identify potential business opportunities/risks.
- Support central Core Markets and other regional FP&A teams as required and contribute to specific ad-hoc projects
- Drive best practices and identify areas of improvement and make recommendations to optimize processes or analytics tools.
Skills & Abilities required:
- Comfortable with financial and analytical modelling.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office package (Excel and PowerPoint).
- Fluent in English.
- Like to play with numbers, solve problems and learn by doing.
- Have high attention to details and work in a clear, structured, and organized way.
- Can multi-task and manage priorities and timeline to deliver and “get things done” in a fast-paced, dynamic, and challenging environment.
- Feel accountable for own responsibilities.
- Thrive evolving as a team player and in a multi-cultural environment.
- Solid interpersonal, writing and communication skills to manage stakeholders and convey clear and relevant messages to decision makers.
- Familiarity with SQL/Essbase/Thinkcell is a plus.
- Currently enrolled in a 3rd level degree program with a leading school/university.
- Have a strong interest in and general knowledge of the Payment industry, Fintech companies and more broadly Internet/e-commerce.
What we offer
- A supportive and diverse environment that allows our employees to thrive and learn.
- Flexible working.
- Attractive compensation and benefits.
- Future career opportunities with international exposure via PayPal’s network of global locations.
- A diverse and inclusive working environment.
- A socially innovative company that helps communities worldwide through charitable giving or donation of time.
From the moment that you join our team we aspire to make your employment experience an outstanding and engaging one. The PayPal family is passionate and proud of our company. It is this vigor and attitude that helps us execute well, every day. If you are enthusiastic and thrive in a collaborative and friendly environment then we invite you to learn more, explore opportunities, and discover a place for you.
Apply now >