OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for non-fungible tokens, or NFTs. Applications for NFTs include collectibles, gaming items, domain names, digital art, and many other items backed by a blockchain. OpenSea is an open, inclusive web3 platform, where individuals can come to explore NFTs and connect with each other to purchase and sell NFTs. At OpenSea, we’re excited about building a platform that supports a brand new economy based on true digital ownership and are proud to be recognized as Y Combinator’s #3 ranked top private company.
When hiring candidates, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in our culture, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, grow rapidly, and love our work. We also know how critical it is to celebrate and support our differences. Employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences and opinions enables our employees, our product and our community to flourish. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. To help facilitate this, we support remote, hybrid or onsite work at either New York City, San Francisco or the Silicon Valley for the majority of our opportunities.
Reporting to the Director of Compliance Operations & Investigations, this position will play a vital role in the development of policy, program and product strategy, and leading projects that directly influence how we scale the legal operations programs. We’re looking for an entrepreneur with a solid background in risk and demonstrated experience working with both legal and product teams. The right person for this role will enjoy working in an emerging industry, seeking creative solutions to never seen before issues, and introducing technically driven solutions in order to mitigate risk while also enabling business growth.
- 5+ years experience in program management within risk, financial crimes compliance, or legal industries;
- Experience managing high-visibility projects and communicating progress to senior audiences;
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage competing priorities;
- The ability to work efficiently and independently in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment;
- Demonstrated SQL experience;
- Advanced understanding of risk and financial crimes compliance industry trends, with an ability to articulate and defend OpenSea’s position.
- (Nice-to-have) Experience working crypto/web3 investigations within Fintech;
- (Nice-to-have) CAMS Certification;
- (Nice-to-have) Interest in evolving sanctions, risk, and regulatory compliance trends.
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we’re looking for someone excited to join the team.
The base salary for this full-time position, which spans across multiple internal levels depending on qualifications, ranges between $105,000 to $180,000 plus benefits & equity.