Creating a better way. It’s more than just the philosophy we were founded on. It’s our purpose. For our employees, it means more time with patients. Unrushed visits to build meaningful relationships. And most importantly, an opportunity to empower our patients to achieve their full potential – at work and in life. Determined to make a difference? Join our health care revolution and be a part of something better.
We are excited to offer an exceptional opportunity as a Wellness Coach with the Huntington Ingalls Industries Family Health Center. Under the direction of the Wellness Supervisor, the Wellness Coach is responsible for the coordination, and delivery of health promotion activities. This position is responsible for providing outstanding service to program participants to maximize participation, while facilitating behavior change, maximizing engagement and outcomes, and customer satisfaction.
This position is remote but must be available to work Monday – Friday 9:00am to 6:00pm Central Standard Time. No weekends or holidays!
- Provide appropriate health outreach and wellness coaching via face to face, telephone or telehealth technology to reduce or eliminate high-risk behaviors; encourages active adoption of habits that are conducive to a higher quality of life
- Utilizes coaching methodologies and communication skills to solicit change and/or increase a patient’s desire to change behavior and adopt a healthier lifestyle; documents client activities and coaching session notes in established clinical format using EMR technology
- May develop and implement assessment plans to determine the population’s health and lifestyle needs; assemble data to assist with designing an Annual Wellness Work Plan
- Deliver total population health risk management programs/services, while using corporate culture change strategies defined through employer Health Promotion standards/best practice. May assist with developing these programs
- Provide services and programs specific to QuadMed’s strategic goals, employee health risks and interests, and collaborate with internal and external resources to provide a comprehensive plan of care with appropriately defined interventions
- Serve as the key resource for engaging employee awareness and participation in Wellness and Health Improvement programs
- Proactively contribute to and/or lead wellness committee meetings while acquiring program buy-in and support through all levels of the organization
- Coordinates and delivers fitness and wellness programs and services, including but not limited to health awareness, educational campaigns, behavior change programs, group fitness classes (combination of cardio, weight training, mind/body), and physical fitness services (personal training, program design, fitness assessments and orientations)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Health Promotion, Exercise Science, or a related field required
- 1 year of experience in the wellness industry, to include experience in the delivery and coordination of corporate based health promotions programs, one-on-one health coaching and/or personal training required
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Maintain CPR/AED certification
- CHES (Certified Health Education Specialist) certification preferred
- Health coaching certification from National Board for Health and Wellness Coaching (NBHWC) Approved Program required, or must obtain within one year of hire date
- Fitness and physical activity focused positions require discipline specific certification, as applicable. Examples may include
- Personal Trainer certification, or must be willing to acquire within 3-6 months of employment
- Group Fitness certification, or must be willing to acquire within 6 months of employment
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong computer skills, excellent communication skills and proven success as member of a work team are a must
- Skills in program development, implementation, marketing and promotion
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills with the ability to motivate others
- The ability to work both independently and as a part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity
- Able to attend to detail, work under pressure, and prioritize
Harry Quadracci was determined to do things differently, and to do them better. In 1991, the visionary print manufacturing CEO founded QuadMed out of the belief that there had to be a better way to provide his employees with access to affordable, high-quality health care. And what started as doing the right thing, ended up sparking a health care revolution. Now 30 years later, we partner with employers across the nation to provide value-driven health and wellness services in or near the workplace. With a focus on breaking down cost, access and quality barriers, we empower employees and their families to live healthier, happier lives.
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
QuadMed and Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. QuadMed and Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. QuadMed and Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Apply now >