Platform.sh is a remote-first global workforce building a better cloud platform to create, manage and responsibly scale web applications.
As a collective with diverse backgrounds, we work together to test, innovate, and challenge one another, finding new ways to reimagine digital experiences. We’re here to help our customers thrive.
Bring your experience to our team, and help us build a better way.
The Customer Solutions team is looking for a Solutions Architect to help our customers be successful on Platform.sh by developing a great understanding of them and their workflows so we can find the best solution. This role reports to the Director, Customer Solutions.
The ideal candidate can be flexible in hours but should have at least 5 hours overlap with the Central European Timezone.
What you can expect
- Connecting customers’ technical and business needs to our product
- Analyzing customers’ technical needs and presenting solutions that meet their requirements
- Working closely with sales teams to conduct product demos and technical discovery
- Getting up to speed with our new product features
What you bring
- A caring mind frame and an empathetic spirit. The ability to think from other perspectives is a tool we ask of all employees
- Experience in handling technical customer relations in the web industry and the ability to match customer expectations with product capacity
- Extensive knowledge of web development, their workflows and existing tools (git, CI tools)
- Knowledge of web application architecture and services (DNS, CDN, web servers, databases, cache layers, etc.) and distributed systems
- Fluent in English
Nice to have
- Public speaking experience.
- Additional languages
If you don’t have all the required skills: we’re also looking for potential. We understand the importance of an active mind, and no one skill is more important to us than finding a good overall fit.
What we bring as a team
- We want to enable a long-term relationship with clients and Platform.sh, so we do not rush things with a prospect. Whenever possible, we do not assume but confirm the information and collect data before jumping to conclusions.
- We help each other out, whether helping on a project or covering for colleagues whenever possible. We share information by default with all internal teams and prefer to work in the open.
- We are the trusted advisors to our prospective clients. We come with a lot of knowledge, but we are never afraid to say when we don’t know the answer (yet). Constant learning and improvement is our standard. It is our privilege to get to know new teams and technologies.
- We don’t oversell a feature if it doesn’t solve the client’s problems. We don’t promise solutions where the product doesn’t have one. If we make mistakes, we own them and help find solutions.
This is a remote job. Work from the EMEA region!
We’re a worldwide, distributed team looking for the best talent. Our remote model has been in practice and thriving since 2014. To us, remote work means flexibility and having truly diverse, global teams.
To maximize team collaboration with product, design and engineering teams, this role is preferred in the EMEA time zones.
Company perks and benefits
- An innovative product you can believe in. We’re sustainably changing the way companies develop and manage their web applications
- We’re voted as A Best Place to Work by 96% of our employees, Forbes Top 30 Companies for Remote Jobs, and in France Best Workplaces for Women
- Hands on leadership that cares in a flexible, open work environment, where your voice is encouraged. We can always find ways to do better and look forward to hearing your ideas
- A global team, rich with culture and diversity
- Company-wide DE&I initiative that you can be a part of
- Team off-sites such as go-to-market teams kick-off, local meets, Exco off-sites, marketing sponsored events, etc (when we’re not experiencing a pandemic)
- A Wellness stipend and a Professional development budget
- Office equipment budget
- Fair PTO (standards based on location)
- Inclusive parental leave (timeline based on location)
- Healthcare, dental, and vision (US, CA, UK, and FR employees only)
- Tandem – a pool of linguists from around the world willing to help each other work on learning new languages
- Additional compensation for on-call ops and support employees
- Company shares (discretionary)
- Unlimited Platform.sh accounts
How we hire
We know that a great hire won’t meet every requirement that we’ve outlined. If you can see yourself elevating the team, we want to hear your story. Few of us would be here had we not taken a chance.
You can expect 3 – 4 interviews on Google Meet. You will have the opportunity to meet with a variety of Platformers throughout the interview process. You’ll also have the opportunity to schedule virtual coffee chats with potential future peers to see if you can envision working together. Use interview and coffee time to make sure the company aligns with what you’re looking for in your future working environment.
Expect a higher number of interviews for director-level roles and above.
All roles require background checks.
About our software
Platform.sh is a unified, secure, enterprise-grade platform to build, run, and scale fleets of websites and applications. We are trusted by 5,500+ organizations globally to help create innovative digital experiences.
Apply now >