Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
The Toast Education team strives to enable our customers, partners, and employees to thrive and empower the Toast community through engaging, impactful learning experiences. We achieve this through various methods of education, including video, written content, e-learnings, in-product walkthroughs, and more.
In the Senior Data Analyst role, you’ll be responsible for identifying and communicating data-driven insights that allow the Toast Education team and cross-functional stakeholders to make informed decisions. The Senior Data Analyst will collect, analyze, and interpret data while providing actionable insights and clearly showing the department’s impact on business goals.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Structure large data sets, interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques, and provide ongoing reports for key business needs and KPIs.
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analysis tools, and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Prepare reports for leadership that effectively communicate trends, patterns, and predictions using relevant data.
- Acquire data from primary and secondary sources and maintain databases including, but not limited to Heap, Workramp, Vidyard, Asana, and Jira.
- Provides technical support and training to the teams on tools and data governance, through the use of office hours.
- Collaborate with department leadership to identify opportunities for process improvements, recommends system modifications, and develop policies for governance.
- Partner with Business Intelligence and other cross-functional teams to make connections between data visualization tools in order to show impact on business goals in an automated and streamlined manner.
- Build a strong understanding of Toast Education KPIs and drivers to be able to pinpoint where we can be improving cross-departmentally.
- Works closely with all internal teams to develop the strategy for long-term data platform architecture for the department.
- Set up new platforms and uncover data capabilities to identify insights and better set up the team to be able to measure impact.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 3 years experience in a data-intensive role (data analysis, data science etc.)
- Previous experience with Customer Education, Learning/Training Development support experience highly preferred
- Experience with analyzing and interpreting data from multiple sources
- Knowledge of how to use data to tell a story
- Experience with gathering business requirements and translating them into data solutions
- Ability to communicate sophisticated concepts effectively to a variety of audiences, both technical and non-technical. You make the complicated simple
- Experience with building data visualizations and dashboards to report data insights
- Knowledge of SQL
- Proficient with data tools such as Looker, Snowflake, Hex, and Heap
Special sauce* (Nice to have)
- Knowledge and/or experience with tools such as Coveo, Pendo, Salesforce, and Workramp
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Analytics or Data Science
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
The base salary range for this role is listed below. The starting salary will be determined based on skills and experience. In addition to base salary, our total rewards components include cash compensation (overtime, bonus/commissions if eligible), equity, and benefits.
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Apply now >