Homebound is on a mission to make it possible for anyone, anywhere, to build a home using technology. Created by an experienced team of construction, real estate, design, and technology experts, Homebound is transforming the residential construction industry by improving the costly and inefficient process of building a home.
We’ve created an entirely new way to build homes with technology powering every stage from start to finish to provide a seamless experience for our customers. Homeowners across the country can choose where they want to live, select a home plan that’s perfect for them, then personalize and buy it, all online. Homebound has raised $150M in capital from leading venture capitalists like Google, Khosla, Thrive Ventures, and we’re scaling quickly in places like California, Texas, Colorado and Florida. Come build your future with us.
Homebound is proud to be named one of Inc.’s Best Workplaces of 2023.
As the Director of Product Design, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the design vision for our platform experience and driving the growth of our product, research, and brand teams. You will be a key member of the technology leadership team, dedicated to automating the home building experience with groundbreaking consumer, builder, and trade experiences. You will be expected to not only provide strategic direction but also be willing to take a hands-on approach as needed, given our small but mighty team. The ideal candidate should possess a strong work ethic and a willingness to roll up their sleeves and get involved in all aspects of the design process.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the design strategy and vision for our platform, ensuring alignment with our mission, business goals, and user needs.
- Oversee and mentor a team of designers, providing guidance, feedback, and fostering a collaborative and innovative design culture.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams including product management, engineering, and marketing to ensure seamless integration of design throughout the product lifecycle.
- Manage and optimize the end-to-end design process, from user research and concept ideation to wireframes, interactive prototypes, and final visual designs.
- Define and implement design standards and guidelines to ensure consistency and cohesiveness across all digital touchpoints.
- Collaborate with product and business stakeholders to align design initiatives with strategic goals and contribute to product roadmaps and vision.
- Advocate for user-centered design principles and evangelize the value of design within the organization.
What You’ll Bring:
- 5+ years of experience leading designers across multiple projects and digital touchpoints
- Dedication to supporting and developing a small design team and it’s culture through clear communication, career investment, and fostering a collaborative environment.
- A passion for brand cohesion, consistency, and a culture of innovation across a family of products
- A results-driven leader who can champion a vision, roadmap, and execution strategy.
- A data-driven mindset with experience leveraging metrics and insights to drive informed decision-making.
- Ability to use storytelling to communicate the impact of design and product across all audiences.
- Demonstrated success in building strong relationships with product and business leadership, promoting collaboration, and advocating for user experience
- Executive presence, and demonstrated success in building strong relationships with product and business leadership, promoting collaboration, and advocating for UX.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Homebound is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Homebound considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.