Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Provide technical direction in the creation, delivery, and integration of multiple and moderately complex software solutions. May translate business requirements into specific designs and/or participate in the design, evaluation, and selection of IT solutions for software for a specific business process. Establish the current and future use of the practice, metrics, and methodologies to determine current and future solutions. Explore and evaluate new and approved technologies. Consult on the application of existing and new, approved technologies to develop solutions. Ensure the process of creation and delivery of design and solution in accordance with the architectural direction.
The Main Responsibilities
- Responsible for design and architecture solutions for public sector portals
- Assist with the ongoing maintenance and decomposition of an existing monolithic application utilizing Java & Oracle
- Develop and support enhancements and new functionality for Public Sector Portals using modern technologies, including Java, NodeJS, VueJS, PostgreSQL, Kubernetes, and CosmosDB.
- Work with Product Development, Scrum Masters, QA Analysts, Product Owners, and other cross-functional resources to define and deliver business impacting projects.
- Capable of working independently, as well as with team members on different teams and in different locations.
- Perform code reviews with other team members in a reviewer capacity.
- Provide technical mentoring and guidance to less experienced SW Engineers.
- Develop and support enhancements and new functionality to automate deployments in a micro services architecture environment.
- Work closely with other engineering team members to ensure code deployments are fully automated and transparent.
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process and facilitate migration to a Continuous Deployment/Continuous Integration approach.
- Provide technical expertise and troubleshooting as needed to support production issues.
- Assist and in some cases be responsible for the design and architecture of projects and features.
- Be willing to support deployments outside of work hours and participate in an on-call rotation.
- Actively participate in all relevant agile ceremonies for each project iteration.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- 4+ years of experience with application integrations such as RESTful Web Services, Micro-services, File/Data transfers, etc.
- 3-5 years of experience with Architecture, Design & Development of web-based applications.
- 3-5 years of experience with Agile Development Methodology.
- 3-5 years of experience working with both relational and non-relational databases.
Salary Min: $111480
Salary Max: $215130
Apply now >