Experienced and self-motivated property manager bringing forth over eight
years of experience in many areas of organizational formation and management; including but not limited to the leadership
challenges of leading a team of 20+ towards “better”, executing business strategies that impact the overall valuation of an asset, capitalizing on the opportunistic intricacies of market trends (both people & product), and creating a foundational customer/client experience that continuously yields increased revenue tomorrow. Garnered experience in the development process of class A
assets, as well as the acquisition and strategic repositioning of assets undergoing multi-million-dollar renovations.
• Managing the day-to-day operations for Gables Dupont Circle apartment community, consistent with Gables policies and procedures.
• Gathering, analyzing, and interpreting current market and economic trends that impact the property and implementing short- and long-term marketing and leasing strategies to achieve, if not exceed, budgeted occupancy goals.
• Overseeing all areas of the leasing process and enforcement of the rental criteria, from application to lease signing.
• Conducting periodic apartment inspections, following proper notice of entry requirements.
• Facilitating the development of annual operating budgets by providing input after analyzing and evaluating financial statements, reviewing current and projected marketing information, and assessing operational reports that establish historic trends and predict performance patterns.
• Controlled expenditures by staying within constraints of the approved budget and managing the balance and maintenance of the petty cash funds.
• Achieving customer service excellence through tenant-focused relationship programs and processes that sustainably exceed client expectations. Responded to all complaints, questions, and requests in a timely manner, and took appropriate action to resolve and address service issues.
• Maintained an average of 67.3% retention rate (as of June 2023) with an avg. 9.4% rental increase.
• Interviewed, hired, oriented, and trained new on-site employees, and managed their performance in accordance to company policies, values, and practices.
• Led team to anticipate prospect/tenant needs, assuring positive and prompt response to service requests, and administer business affairs at a strategic operating level for the mutual benefit of the tenants and property NOI.
• Driving leasing strategy and occupancy to exceed budgeted occupancy by 2-7% for Q1 and Q2 in 2023.
• Sat on the DC Social Committee, assisting in the preparation for and execution or regional social events for associates.
• Contributed to the DEI-focused Authentic Authors journal series for Pride Month.
• Driving leasing strategy, maintaining an average leased occupancy percentage of 96.4% of by implementing a competitive sub-market analysis of Alexandria City, Downtown Wheaton, and Downtown Silver Spring market trends, and highlighting unique asset value.
• Implementing associate-resident satisfaction calls during ownership transition, improving average online reputation rating from 2.7/5 to 3.4/5.
• Maintaining a 56.08% retention rate (as of July 2022) with an avg. 7.9% renewal increase, when legally permissible.
• Managing delinquent and past collection’s accounts, reducing delinquency by avg. of 11.3%, quarter over quarter.
• Directly managing a team of 20+ leasing associates, facilities technicians, supervisors, and concierge staff at Arrive Silver Spring.
• Conducting thorough property inspections to prevent/identify problems and coordinated with necessary facilities associates/supervisors.
• Managing the Virginia Rent Relief Program and Montgomery County Rent Relief Program application submissions, participants, and financial awards.
• Acquiring the rental license and prepared all required documentation for Arrive Wheaton through Montgomery County’s Department of Housing and Community Affairs office.
• Filing and scheduling all legal default proceedings.
• Conducting all accounting procedures, both receivable and payable.
• Updating and maintaining financial records in accordance with company policy and all local and federal housing laws.
• Interviewing, on-boarding, and training a new leasing team for Arrive Wheaton, a mixed-use high-rise building, and the second-largest acquisition in the history of the company.
• Managing Housing Opportunity Commissions applicants and participants, and all EFT payments.
• Managing renovations, in collaboration with Redtail Construction Project Manager, of both units and amenity spaces at Arrive Wheaton that spanned over the course of 13 months, adding a avg. 8.4% amenity rent increase on renovated apartments.
• Implementing programs and services for residents and prospective residents of the Park Van Ness apartment community, a mixed-use Class A luxury asset, to contribute to the alignment of our owner’s goals and objectives and stabilize all KPI metrics.
• Ensuring the consistent health of our team culture through the COVID-19 pandemic and District of Columbia state of emergency.
• Communicating with residents to ensure understanding of the changing COVID-19 policies, the community’s services, operating practices, and events.
• Responding to inquiries and requests from prospective residents, assisting with onsite leasing processes, as needed, maintaining a minimum occupancy of 92.7% during a global pandemic.
• Responding to resident requests, service issues, and rental rate negotiations facilitating a resident retention rate of 58.67% (as of April 2021).
• Coordinating the resolution of resident requests, service issues with appropriate community team members such as maintenance, concierge, and/or leasing and management to ensure they are resolved in a prompt and accurate manner.
• Assisting in the development, implementation and monitoring of programs to maximize revenue, control expense, improve customer satisfaction, and team morale.
• Directly managing 6 Concierge associates, ensuring the implementation of all residential policies and practices, and organizing and leading frequent training meetings to keep staff well-informed on COVID-19 best practices. Together, we successfully managed all move-ins, loading dock and freight elevator reservations, and amenity space reservations.
• Consulting with HR department on standardized training, focusing on leasing and customer service, that was then implemented portfolio wide.
• Coordinating resident account management and manage delinquencies in accordance with all local and federal legislation and guidelines, including COVID-19 legislation.
• Collaborating with the General Manager to prepare the annual operating budget and 2021 business plan for the Park Van Ness Apartment community.
• Developing a thorough understanding of the local Forest Hills residential market competitor set and make pricing and marketing recommendations to optimize performance within the market.
• Ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local laws, specifically Fair Housing, DHCD inclusionary zoning regulations, and COVID-19 housing legislation.
• Touring prospective residents and provided excellent market guidance while building rapport to close on prospective residents and meet occupancy goals. Personally generated approx. $932K in total lease revenue with a closing ratio of 73.8% (as of April 2021).
• Reconciling all property financial reports (GPR, Rent Roll, Variance Reports, Budget Comparisons, etc.)
• Completing weekly reporting which includes marketing metrics, leasing summaries, and competitive market analysis.
• Building and nurturing relationships with property vendors, local business, and community organizations in an effort to raise brand awareness and create prospect traffic.
• Organizing and managing pest control treatment plans, collaborating with vendors and construction to assess and resolve resident complaints.