At Udemy, we’re on a mission to improve lives through the power of learning. We’re a leading global learning company and one of the world’s largest education platforms, with more than 59 million learners. Our goal is to provide flexible, effective skill development to empower organizations and individuals.
Talented people are everywhere, and the right opportunity can be hard to come by. That’s why we’re focused on revolutionizing learning, using our skills and expertise to help others develop theirs and reach their full potential. Individually, we bring our unique perspective to reimagine the way we share knowledge. Together, we can improve lives by making learning more accessible for our learners, our instructors, and businesses around the world.
Udemy is headquartered in San Francisco with global offices in Australia, India, Ireland, Türkiye, and the US.
You’re an active listener and a determined person who thrives in a collaborative environment like ours. You want to use your skills to help others progress, whether that’s internally with your team or seeing the impact your work can have on people around the world as you help us expand into new markets. You’re ready for a challenge and aren’t afraid to try new ideas.
About this role
The Global Resource Manager will build the process and systems to ensure effective resource management operations to manage our most valuable resources: people delivering services. Reporting to the Director of Professional Services, the manager is responsible for forecasted supply and demand to provide capacity planning and insights and drive strategies for future capacity needs. The Global Resource Manager will work to build a resource management function and deliver the best resource deployment solutions to meet our customer’s needs.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manager of One: Contribute in a leadership capacity on Udemy’s Professional Services team to prescribe resource management processes and systems considering forecasted project needs, capacity, and skill match. The Center of Excellence will support building and scaling global operations and best-in-class services in alignment with Udemy’s Professional Services principles.
- Player: Design, build, operate, and scale a resource staffing business process with successful outcomes being; recommended matching of available resources, timely assignment of resources, accurate forecast of resource utilization, and optimization of capacity.
- Process Development: Set resource management best practices and ensure all customer engagements adhere to defined standards for minimum thresholds for margin that synthesize cost to serve and maximum billability and utilization assumptions.
- Systems Implementation: Evaluate, identify, implement, and maintain a Professional Services Automation software compatible with Professional Services designated supporting systems to support the goals of top stakeholders, including Center of Excellence leaders, IT, GTM Ops, and Finance.
- Cross-Functional Collaborator: Build partnerships with sales and CS to understand pipeline, business unit leaders to assess open needs and prioritization, and keep our People team informed of future demands to meet the market by expansion in competency, experience, geography, skill, etc.
- Impact Measurement: Report performance focused on financial goals and metrics, including bookings, revenue, gross margin, and utilization and operational metrics like time-to-value, customer satisfaction, and deliverable completion.
What you’ll have:
- 7+ years of relevant work experience leading client services teams in Professional Services
- Experience implementing and managing PSA software like Financial Force or Kantata
- Experience and comfort in understanding and using data to inform decisions concerning utilization considering financial goals for future staffing and hiring
- Experience serving as a manager of one, balancing delivery with operations and strategy
- Experience in cross-functional leadership to influence internal organizations like PS, Sales, CS, and other business leaders
- Experience serving as an expert in resource management internally
- Experience creating estimation, approval, and delivery execution processes for services offerings, including fixed fee engagements, and custom SOWs
We understand that not everyone will match each of the above qualifications. However, we also realize that everyone has unique experiences that can add value to our company. Even if you think your background might not perfectly align, we’d love to hear from you!
Life at Udemy
We aspire to be as vibrant and dynamic as the communities we serve, as inquisitive as those who use our platform, and as revolutionary as the future we strive to open for everyone. Here are some of the things we love about life at Udemy:
- We’re invested in creating an inclusive environment that welcomes a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences. From creating employee resource groups, ensuring we’re a Fair Pay Workplace, and building a flexible work culture, our belonging, equity, diversity, and inclusion (BEDI) initiatives always put our people first. We want you to be able to bring your authentic self to work because when we all do, we’re better for it.
- Learning is what we do – inside and out. Our Learning & Development team is second to none, helping ensure your journey is one of continuous progression. You’ll also have unlimited access to Udemy courses, monthly UDays (meeting-free professional development days), and a generous annual professional development stipend.
- Our reason to exist is to revolutionize learning – that calls for taking risks and learning from failures. Whether it’s our hackathons (a company-wide effort to envision new possibilities for our product) or sharing our prototypes, we see experimentation as a crucial step on the path to success.
- We’re committed to creating world-class employee experiences and are proud of the recognition of this by Great Place to Work.
Of course, the best thing about being part of Udemy is knowing your work makes a difference for people and organizations around the world. You’ve got the skills; why not use them to help others develop theirs?
At Udemy, we value diversity and inclusion and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition, or disability. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our Benefits Start With U
Our benefits package at Udemy “starts with U” and is grounded in mission-driven benefits that intentionally align with our core values. Here’s a sneak peek at just a few highlighted benefits if you’re a full-time Udemate based in the United States:
- Core Benefits: Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life/AD&D, and disability coverage
- HSA/FSA/Commuter: Pre-tax savings/spending plans, including HSA employer contributions
- Transgender Benefits: Expanded medical coverage for gender-affirming care
- Parental Benefits: Financial assistance for fertility (including egg-freezing), adoption, and surrogacy expenses; twelve weeks of paid family bonding for birth, surrogacy, adoption, and foster placement (plus up to six to ten weeks of paid disability leave for birthing parents) as well as a two-week “ease-back” program that enables parents to return part-time at full pay
- Whole U: Fully paid memberships for meditation/mindfulness, therapy/coaching visits, financial planning, fertility and family building, maternity and newborn care, parenting and pediatrics, menopause care, breastmilk shipping, and caregiving support
- Learning: Free access to Udemy and Udemy Business plus a yearly stipend to spend on professional development
- Retirement: Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) plan with an employer contribution
- Charitable Giving: Corporate charitable match for eligible nonprofits and charities
- Vacation: Flexible vacation for salaried Udemates and fifteen days per year for hourly
- Holidays: Twelve paid holidays throughout the year
Would you like to learn more about Udemy? Here are a few resources:
The hiring range for this position is $99,000- $170,000. Actual compensation is based on several factors, including but not limited to job-related skills, qualifications, experience, and specific work location due to differences in the cost of labor. In addition to a base salary, this role is also eligible for benefits and equity.
Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
Apply now >