We help protect our customers against life’s uncertainties. Regardless of where you work within the company, you’ll be helping provide protection and peace of mind when our customers need it most.
The Sr Internal Wholesaler works within the sales organization, partnering with External Wholesaler(s) in geographical sales territories. This individual is responsible for partnering with an External Wholesaler, creating new and managing existing relationships with representatives to increase revenue of Protective products and achieve territory sales goals. This role is primarily focused on servicing representatives through phone and email communication. This position requires an individual that has a strong sales-focused approach with professional communication skills, hard work ethic, and a competitive drive to succeed.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Make proactive sales calls on a daily basis with new and existing representatives to strengthen relationships and find selling opportunities. This includes sales campaigns, new business opportunities, follow-up meeting calls, and other calls as directed by management and External Wholesalers.
- Maintain existing relationships to drive repeat producers.
- Make prospecting calls and pass qualified leads along to External Wholesalers.
- Provide product education to representatives as an expert on our product features and benefits, answering questions and comparing our products to that of our competition.
- Create sales opportunities and execute thoughtful follow-up to move these through the sales pipeline.
- Work closely with the External Wholesaler to develop and execute a strategic business plan to maximize territory sales growth.
- Utilize Protective databases to create and maintain representative profile information on all sales activity.
- Execute campaigns using Protective systems to generate territory sales leads and meaningful follow-up.
Job Requirements (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
- Prior insurance or investment sales experience recommended.
- Must be adaptable and highly flexible to meet the needs of External Wholesalers and insurance industry.
- Must have the ability to work in a challenging and collaborative environment.
- Competitive spirit and personal drive to succeed.
- Possess professional oral and written communication skills.
- Possess strong customer service skills.
- Proven attention to detail and ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment.
- Must be a detail-oriented, well-organized self-starter with high energy and creativity.
Education & Experience Required:
Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations Required:
Series 6, Series 63, and Life license.
We aim to protect our employees’ wellbeing through a broad benefits offering. For example, we protect physical wellbeing through health, dental and vision insurance. We protect mental wellbeing through mental health benefits and an employee assistance program. We protect time away from work with a variety of paid time away benefits (e.g., paid time off, paid parental leave, short-term disability, and a cultural observance day). We protect financial wellbeing through contributions to healthcare accounts, a pension plan, and a 401(k) plan with Company matching. All employees are encouraged to protect their overall wellbeing by engaging in ProHealth Rewards, Protective’s platform to improve wellbeing while earning cash rewards.
Eligibility for certain benefits may vary by position in accordance with the terms of the Company’s benefit plans.