At the end of this thrilling journey, you’ll become a proud member of Hack The Box, with the ultimate mission to help redefine cybersecurity expertise. Get ready for an exciting adventure into the world of cybersecurity!
The core mission of the Content Engineer
Your core mission will be to create realistic and inspiring content of various levels of difficulty for cybersecurity pros. You will be focused on our HTB Labs, our very first Hack The Box platform, by reviewing, testing and creating content.
The fellowship you’ll be joining
You will contribute to our growing content team which consists of 7 people who are passionate about cybersecurity and create top notch content. Other than that, you will be part of a bigger team of content engineers that work across multiple product streams. You will report to the Content Engineering Manager, working in a highly collaborative environment.
The adventures that await you after becoming Content Engineer at Hack The Box
- Test and maintain machines, labs, and challenges
- Assist in the development of new content
- Create documentation for new content (writeups/walkthroughs)
- Work closely with the greater Content Development team, Infrastructure team, and other stakeholders on a daily basis
- Research to remain on top of current vulnerabilities, exploits, tools, tactics, and procedures relevant to the target audience
Skills, knowledge, and experience points required to unlock the role of Content Engineer at Hack The Box
- Experience in Web Application Penetration Testing
- Strong grasp of scripting languages (Python, PowerShell, Bash)
- An understanding of process documentation
- Excellent knowledge of English language (speaking, reading, writing)
- Motivated, with a passion for information security
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and the ability to learn new skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects, working both independently and remotely
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Documented bug bounty hunting experience and/or CTF experience
- Experience in Cloud Technologies (Azure/AWS) or AI/ML
- Acquired certifications in Penetration Testing (CPTS/CBBH)
- Elite Hacker rank on Hack the Box
- Prior creation of vulnerable machines and CTF challenges
- Familiarity with virtualization technologies (VMware Workstation, ESXi, vCenter)
- System administration experience (Windows, Linux, etc.)
What your Hack The Box adventure will have in store
- 🎯You’ll have the exhilarating opportunity to contribute to a product that is highly appreciated by users and the cybersecurity community at large.
- 🎯 You’ll experience a highly supportive and caring environment, fostering growth, flexibility, and autonomy.
- 🎯 You’ll embark on an exciting journey of continuous learning and problem-solving, leveling up as our organization grows.
- 🎯 Most importantly, you’ll have a blast at HTB 🥳 because fun is an essential ingredient in our recipe for success! Just wait to see our global meet ups!
The gems you’ll be enjoying as Content Engineer
- Private insurance
- Free lunch & snacks at the office
- 25 annual leave days
- Dedicated budget for training and professional development, participation in conferences
- State-of-the-art equipment (mac, iPhone, and mobile plan)
- Full access to the Hack The Box lab offerings; so you can learn how to hack
- Flexible/Hybrid working
The Quest of Becoming Hack The Box’s Content Engineer
- Level 1: Like in any game, you start as a Noob. Level one’s objective: submit your application.
- Level 2: After applying, you unlock the Script Kiddie rank! This level’s objective: pass the screening process.
- Level 3: Now you’re officially ranked as Hacker and you’re ready to meet the Talent Acquisition team. Level’s objective: highlight your past achievements, ambitions, and values.
- Level 4: As a Pro-Hacker at level 4, you’ll unlock the “boss level”, which involves meeting the hiring manager. Level’s objective: connect with the hiring manager and share with them your achievements.
- Level 5: Now you’re an Elite Hacker! Level’s objective: complete an assignment that aligns with day-to-day job-related tasks and responsibilities.
- Level 6: Congratulations, you’re now a Guru! Not many reach this level 💪. Level’s objective: have a constructive, final conversation with senior leadership to explore the role and your future at HTB.
- Level 7: You’ve achieved the Omniscient rank and officially received an offer from HTB! To complete the last level and the Quest, all you need to do is accept the offer.
Hack Your Career, Today. Join us in this epic adventure of cybersecurity at Hack The Box! 🚀🔒💻
At Hack The Box, we are on a quest to find the most exceptional and enthusiastic talent to join our team. Whether or not you consider yourself a gamer, we value what makes you unique and want to know more about you. This job post provides just a glimpse of the incredible gamified experience our business and consumer customers enjoy through our platforms. So, if you’re ready to embark on a journey of growth and adventure, we can’t wait to meet you!