The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
The Customer Success Management (CSM) team focuses on the themes of align, enable, and expand. We align with customers’ desired business outcomes, enable them on their existing use cases, and work with them to expand into additional use cases, ensuring ongoing and ever-improving customer return-on-investment.
Additionally, our team serves as liaisons between the customer and the GitLab ecosystem, streamlining collaboration with Product Management, Engineering, Sales, Professional Services, and others.
What you’ll do
- Provide immediate onboarding activities
- Work with assigned customers to build Customer Success Plans, establishing critical goals, or other key performance indicators and aid the customer in achieving their goals
- Program manage account escalations
- Provide insights with respect to the availability and applicability of new features in GitLab as relevant
- Support GitLab Services in identifying and recommending training opportunities
- Establish a trusted/strategic advisor relationship with each assigned customer and drive continued value of our solution and services
- Assist and provide expert deployment, operational best practices, and establishing a GitLab Center of Excellence
- Assist in workshops to help customers leverage the full value of GitLab solution
- Measure and monitor customers’ achievement of critical and key performance indicators, reporting both internally to GitLab account stakeholders and externally to Customer Sponsors and Executives
- Translate customer product usage data into actionable advice for customers
- Establish regular touchpoints with assigned customers per the established SLAs, to review progress against strategic and technical objectives
- Partner with our customers in taking what was established in the pre-sales command plan, and turning the customers desired positive business outcomes into actionable objectives
- Know the GitLab platform, our more common best practices, and use cases in order to guide the customer
- Understand the customer journey and be able to guide them on future adoption
- Act as the GitLab liaison for GitLab questions, issues, or escalations. Work with GitLab Support, Product Management (i.e., roadmaps), or other teams as needed
- Own a book of assigned customers, with a focus on increasing adoption, ensuring retention and growth, and overall customer satisfaction
- Remain knowledgeable and up-to-date on GitLab releases
What you’ll bring
- Demonstrated progressive experience in a related function is required with direct customer advocacy and engagement experience in post-sales or professional services functions
- Understanding of Git and typical branching strategies
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle and development pipeline
- Understanding of continuous integration, continuous deployment, DevSecOps
- Prior experience in Customer Success or equivalent history of increasing satisfaction, adoption, and retention
- Experience partnering with customers to define and achieve business outcomes
- Familiarity working with customers of sizes relevant to the assigned segment
- Exceptional verbal, written, organizational, presentation, and communications skills
- Detailed oriented and analytical
- Strong team player but self-starter
- Project management experience & skills
- Strong technical, analytic, and problem-solving skills
- Alignment with our values, and willingness to work in accordance with those values
- Ability to travel if needed and comply with the company’s travel policy
Please note that we welcome interest from candidates with varying levels of experience; many successful candidates do not meet every single requirement. Additionally, studies have shown that people from underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every single qualification. If you’re excited about this role, please apply and allow our recruiters to assess your application.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
Apply now >