We are an award-winning, equal opportunity, culturally diverse, fun place to be. Giving back to the community drives us to be better every single day. Our work environment allows you to balance your priorities, because we know you will bring your best every day. We will champion your wins and shout them from the rooftops. Your peers will inspire, drive, support you, and make you laugh out loud! We help our customers free up time and space to become an Autonomous Digital Enterprise that conquers the opportunities ahead – and are relentless in the pursuit of innovation!
Corporate Initiatives is an in-house strategy and transformation team working directly on behalf the CEO and Executive Leadership Team. We work on a variety board-level strategic initiatives and programs as part of a multi-year growth transformation under private ownership.
As the Manager, Corporate Initiatives, you will work closely with team members and business leaders to develop, plan, and execute BMC’s most critical strategic initiatives. This role offers exposure across the breadth of our business and visibility with senior executives. This role offers exposure to the full breadth of our business and the opportunity to partner with senior executives in executing their change agenda.
Here is how, through this exciting role, YOU will contribute to BMC’s and your own success:
- Play an active role in structuring and driving BMC’s annual strategic business review and planning processes, supporting the strategy development for specific business units
- Coach and develop junior team members within our CI team as well as other cross-functional team members, looking for ways to empower and train our team on a variety of hard and soft leadership skills
- Lead the planning, structuring, and execution BMC’s most critical corporate strategic priorities, working closely with business units, functions, and senior level executives
- Conduct and oversee research and data analysis as inputs to strategic decision-making impacting customer focus, product portfolio, go-to-market strategies, and corporate business models
- Participate in acquisition integration projects, realizing the maximum value from our M&A strategy
- Scope and manage projects that require cross-functional collaboration; set deadlines; assign responsibilities; monitor progress; and recruit buy-in and support as necessary.
- Develop, analyze and prepare information for presentation to senior level executives and the Board
To ensure you are set up for success, you will bring the following skillset and experience:
- 5+ years’ experience in corporate strategy, consulting, private equity, or tech strategy/ops function
- Strong background in conceptual problem solving and analytical skills (strong Excel skills, familiarity with Tableau, SQL, and/or Python a plus)
- Track record of structuring and leading cross-functional initiatives, hitting goals, and succeeding in a team environment
- Ability to lead and manage a cross-functional project team and CI team members, proven experience in coaching and developing team members
- Outstanding communication skills; confidence in presenting to senior executives
- BA/BS degree in business, science, engineering or similar discipline preferred; MBA, MA, or other graduate degree a plus
- Willingness to travel approximately 10%
Our commitment to you!
BMC’s culture is built around its people. We have 6000+ brilliant minds working together across the globe. You won’t be known just by your employee number, but for your true authentic self. BMC lets you be YOU!
If after reading the above, you are unsure if you meet the qualifications of this role but are deeply excited about BMC and this team, we still encourage you to apply! We want to attract talents from diverse backgrounds and experience to ensure we face the world together with the best ideas!
BMC is committed to equal opportunity employment regardless of race, age, sex, creed, color, religion, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, pregnancy, disabled veteran or status as a protected veteran. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, visit the accommodation request page.