Nacelle is a composable commerce platform provider that allows brands and retailers to easily syndicate commerce and content data to multiple heads, endpoints and channels by transforming, storing and reindexing data in real-time. With Nacelle, companies can future-proof their business by composing the commerce stack they want — giving them the agility needed to build unique and dynamic shopping experiences, while optimizing business operations for growth. Nacelle is a venture-backed company with over $75 million raised from institutional investors including Tiger Global, Index Ventures and iNovia. For more information, go to nacelle.com
Nacelle is searching for a Director of Partnerships to join our team. The role reports into the SVP of Sales and will be responsible for defining the strategy and overseeing the execution of our Partnerships and Strategic Alliances channels. The ideal candidate has experience scaling an ecommerce technology Partnerships program from the ground up, and can apply those skills and experience to help us accelerate the impact of our Partnerships Team at Nacelle, and become a partner-centric organization.
In this role you will:
- Lead our overall Partnerships strategy
- Directly manage and push forward initiatives with our strategic Alliances
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering on technology partnerships
- Drives the evolution of the global partner ecosystem by expanding commercial reach, opening new markets and ultimately driving channel revenue
- Independently determines approach to managing partnership operations including enablement, deal registration, certification, onboarding.
- Support 360-degree relationships and ensure operational excellence and joint execution with defined KPI’s and leading indicators.
- Accountable for applicable timely documentation within CRM of customer contact and activity data
- Create complementary products/services with partners to produce marketing and sales plays
- Identify target partner accounts and understand their unique positioning in the market
- Outbound campaigns (identify key contacts, develop outreach messaging, connect on LI) and target executives with professional persistence
- Understand and navigate complex orgs structures and multiple teams to find and develop internal champions, coaches, and doers
- Create mutually agreed upon partner plans and drive to those outcomes
- Keep partners up-to-date on relevant Nacelle information (articles, product releases, announcements, etc)
- Stay abreast of partner’s key areas of focus, any events attending, mutual customers, content calendars, etc
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have 7+ years of demonstrated success in enterprise Sales and/or Partnerships roles
- You have experience building a world-class Partnerships team from the ground up
- You have strong experience managing and executing a strategic project with an Alliance partner
- You are highly collaborative nature and a team player with a “do-er” mentality
- You are able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment. Past fast growth startup experience.
- You posses strong technology expertise coupled with business acumen for ecommerce technologies.
- You excel at setting and driving strategic initiatives, as well as influencing at higher tiers of the organization
- You have expert-level industry knowledge and understanding of a customer’s decision-making process, goals, strategies, and business objectives
- you are skilled at C-level audience presentations, financial acumen, negotiation and executive presence.
- You have experience working with global and boutique services partners
We’d be really excited if you have:
- You come with remote work experience
- Proficiency with at least one modern programming language such as Node, Python, Go, Ruby, PHP
- NoSQL experience with data storage solutions like Cassandra
- Any prior AWS, GCP, Azure or similar cloud infrastructure experience
- Experience building web-based applications
- Experience with e-commerce technologies and platforms
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Stock options
- Robust benefits packages which include medical, dental, vision, HSA/FSA, as well as employer-paid life insurance, and short/long-term disability
- 401(k) with an employer match
- Unlimited Mental Health Teledoc appointments
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited PTO in addition to paid holidays and sick days
- Monthly wifi stipend
- Home office setup budget
- An environment that values and promotes continuous learning, true ownership, and teamwork
Nacelle is committed to paying fairly and competitively which is why we partner with a salary and equity database company to ensure we are aligned with market rates. To benchmark salaries, it’s based on the individual’s level of experience and cost of living and we are able to use data from comparable venture-backed startups (over 3,000 across the US). The salary estimate for this position is a base $120,000 – $160,000 plus a variable compensation element, actual offer compensation will be determined on the candidate’s location, skills, and years of experience.
If you meet most of the criteria for this position, we would still love to hear from you! We believe in fostering talent, growing and providing training to our team as we believe great human beings come first and building skillsets can happen over time.
Apply now >