Unleash your potential at Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Varec, a Leidos company is currently searching for a Defense Technical Support Manager to work at our Peachtree Corners Office. Peachtree Corners, GA. This is an exciting opportunity leading a diverse team of Tier2/3 Help Desk Analysts working within the DLA Help Desk which supports BLSA and other Government programs.
Location: Candidate would need to be located within commuting distance of the Peachtree Corners, GA location.
Are you ready to join a team dedicated to a mission? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Provides overall management of the Energy Help Desk and its staff (i.e. planning, organizing, securing and managing resources).
- Provides oversight for all technical and functional efforts related to the DLA Energy customer support efforts.
- Communicates with internal organizational members across multiple projects to ensure information is shared. Also communicates with parties external to the organization (DLA Energy, J62BG, customers, outside vendors, etc.) to ensure organizational and project goals are met.
- Performs trend analysis, identifies root causes, and escalates PTRs to higher levels of support via ITIL support structure. Promptly informs the J62BG Manager of identified trends or associated problems.
- Ensures all programs run within scope, time, and budget constraints via reports and deliverables required by the J62BG Director and J62BG Manager.
- Provides training support for competency levels of all Analysts and ensures the Help Desk is adequately trained and staffed.
- Conducts continual process review to identify areas of potential improvements to enhance results for the overall project.
- Make staffing recommendations based on operational tempo.
- Update policy and procedures as needed to ensure overall operational success and that all operations are in accordance with guidelines set forth in the Government’s Performance Work Statement and SOP.
- Determine how individual tasks and deadlines will be assigned, managed, and met based on DLA Energy and J62BG needs.
- Review recommendations from hiring team to hire new personnel.
- Review overall operational procedures and recommend changes if believed to be beneficial to the project and end goal.
- Review, manage and deliver contractual deliverables as defined in the Performance Work Statement
What Sets You Apart (Basic Requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree with five plus (5+) years of relevant experience. May consider more years of experience in Lieu of degree.
- Two plus (2+) years of experience supervising or leading teams and/or projects as well as direct customer service experience.
- U.S Citizenship requires. Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Clearance.
- IAT II DoD 8570.01 Level Active Certification and Applicable Computing Environment Certification is Required upon hire.
You Might Also Have:
- Help Desk support experience
- Engineering Edge experience
Pay Range $75,400.00 – $116,000.00 – $156,600.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Apply now >