We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trials and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too – driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
We are currently seeking a Technical Account Manager to join our TAM team in EMEA – this is a remote based position. Serving as the trusted technical Tableau advisor to the customer, you will become an extension of their workforce through various areas of personalised service. As the TAM, you will be identifying and addressing technical concerns, requests, and aligning to customer priorities, projects, and problems. You bring senior level technical expertise, and will act as the main technical point of contact for the account by coordinating with Product Management, Sales, Technical Support, and Engineering to own the customer relationship. The TAM will primarily be working with a dedicated customer.
Some of the things you’ll be doing include …
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the customer’s Tableau environment, business partners, and their reporting and analytical needs.
- Offer guidance and recommendations for optimum health and performance of the Tableau ecosystem.
- Apply comprehensive troubleshooting and debugging skills to establish a working reproduction, acceptable resolution, and root cause.
- Provide detailed root cause analysis on issues that could impact your customer in the future.
- Coordinate successful implementation Tableau Blueprint’s Agility arm.
- Build strong cross-functional working relationships with Sales, Engineering, and Product Management.
- Provide issue management on critical cases with Support, Sustaining Engineering, and Development to provide regular status updates to the customer.
- Connect with all required customers and partners on crucial support cases and high priority issues.
- Conduct quarterly reporting and deployment reviews to spot trends, proactively identify potential issues, and offer tailored release recommendations to meet stability, performance, and new feature requirements.
- Identity revenue opportunities and partner with the account team to recommend paid services, licenses, training, and additional Tableau products to meet current needs and future growth.
- Contribute to Tableau knowledge, community, and training resources.
- Prepare and deliver custom technical presentations and trainings internally, at customer sites and Tableau conference.
Who you are…
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Either be in a similar TAM position currently, OR be in a senior support position (e.g. support engineer, support team lead), with a desire to move into a TAM role. Either way, you wll have a focus on customers, supporting enterprise level, critical applications.
- Have a good understanding of networking, server set-up, and administration, including troubleshooting experience with internet architectures, firewalls, proxy servers, and web servers.
- Be fluent in English and either German or French
- Have superb interpersonal skills. You know what to say and more importantly, how to say it. Must have the ability to empathise with customers and convey confidence. Able to explain highly technical issues to a non-technical audience.
- Collaborate and own. Able to prioritise and route-specific customer’s needs to the proper channels. Take ownership and work towards a resolution.
- Be diligent. Nothing gets overlooked when it comes to you.
- Degree or equivalent relevant experience required. Experience will be evaluated based on the core competencies for the role (e.g. extracurricular leadership roles, military experience, volunteer roles, work experience, etc.)
- Be a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring on board to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Apply now >