Even the longest-lasting laptop batteries will die eventually. Here’s everything you need to know to maximize the amount of time between visits to the power outlet.
Here are a few tips to help increase the battery life of your laptop:
- Reduce screen brightness: Lowering the screen brightness can significantly reduce the amount of power your laptop uses.
- Close unnecessary programs and tabs: Running multiple programs and having multiple tabs open can drain your battery quickly. Close any programs or tabs that you’re not using.
- Adjust power settings: Most laptops have built-in power settings that allow you to adjust the performance and power usage of your device. Consider switching to a power-saving mode to extend your battery life.
- Disable Bluetooth and Wi-Fi when not in use: Keeping Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on when you’re not using them can drain your battery quickly. Turn them off when you’re not using them.
- Use a power-saving browser extension: Some web browsers have extensions that can help reduce power consumption.
- Keep your laptop cool: Overheating can cause your battery to drain more quickly. Make sure your laptop has proper ventilation and avoid using it on soft surfaces that can block the vents.
- Unplug USB devices: USB devices can continue to draw power from your laptop even when they’re not in use, so unplug them when you’re not using them.
- Keep your laptop updated: Make sure your laptop is running the latest software updates, as these can often include battery-saving optimizations.
By following these tips, you should be able to extend the battery life of your laptop and stay productive longer.