Keeping your Google account safe from hackers is essential in order to protect your personal and financial information. Here are a few steps you can take to help secure your Google account:
- Use a strong and unique password: Create a strong and unique password for your Google account and make sure not to share it with anyone. Consider using a password manager to generate and store your passwords securely.
- Enable 2-Step Verification: This adds an extra layer of security by requiring a code to be entered from your phone or another device in addition to your password.
- Keep your computer and mobile device secure: Keep your computer and mobile device updated with the latest security patches and software. Use a reputable antivirus and anti-malware program, and be cautious when clicking on links or downloading attachments from unknown sources.
- Check your account activity: Regularly check your account activity to ensure that no unauthorized changes have been made to your account.
- Be cautious of phishing scams: Scammers may try to trick you into giving away your password by sending you fake emails or text messages that appear to be from Google. Be sure to verify that any email or text message is legitimate before entering your password or clicking on any links.
- Be careful with public Wi-Fi: Avoid accessing sensitive information while connected to public Wi-Fi, as it can be easily accessed by hackers.
- Be aware of suspicious activity: Be aware of any suspicious activity or unusual requests and report them to Google immediately.
By following these steps, you can help keep your Google account safe from hackers and protect your personal and financial information.