Opening interview questions are designed to help the interviewer understand the candidate’s background and qualifications, while closing interview questions are meant to help the interviewer determine if the candidate is the right fit for the position and the company. Here are some examples of opening and closing interview questions:
Opening interview questions:
- Can you tell me about your previous work experience and how it relates to this position?
- Why are you interested in working for our company?
- What are your greatest strengths and how do they apply to this role?
- Can you give an example of a time when you solved a difficult problem on the job?
Closing interview questions:
- Are you comfortable with the salary range we discussed?
- Do you have any questions or concerns about the position or the company?
- Are you available to start working on the start date we discussed?
- Would you like to provide any additional information that you feel would be helpful in your consideration for the position?
- Can you tell me why you are the best fit for this role?
It’s worth noting that these are examples, and the questions will depend on the specific role and company culture.