If you want to protect your Jobicy resume from appearing on search engines, you can follow these steps:
- Login to your Jobicy account and go to your resume.
- Click on the “Edit” button to make changes to your resume.
- Scroll down to the “Privacy” section and select the option “Hide my resume from search engines”
- Save your changes.
By selecting this option, your resume will not be indexed by search engines and will not appear in search results. However, keep in mind that this may also make it more difficult for potential employers to find your resume, so you may want to consider other options if you’re actively seeking job opportunities.
I forgot to protect my resume and now it’s in the search engines. What should I do?
Please ensure that you have enabled the “Hide my resume from search engines” option (refer to the instructions provided above).
Keep in mind that it may take some time (usually 2-6 weeks) for to update its index and remove the resume from its search results.
If you want to remove your resume from the Jobicy website and search engines see below.
How do I request that my resume be deleted by search engines?
If you did not select “Hide my resume from search engines” option when you created your resume, it may have been scanned by search engines and shown in search results.
To request that search engines delete your resume or photo from their search results, you can follow these steps:
- Go to your resume and click on the “Delete” button.
- Identify the search engines that are displaying your resume or photo. This could include Google, Bing and others.
- Visit each search engine’s “removal request” page:
Google: Remove your personal information from Google
Bing: Report a Concern to Bing
- Follow the instructions on the removal request page to submit your request. Typically, you will need to provide information about the specific search result that you want removed, such as the URL or a screenshot of the search result.
- Wait for the search engine to process your request. It may take several days or weeks for the search engine to remove the search result.
It’s important to note that search engines are not required to remove your resume or photo from their search results, and they may only do so in certain circumstances, such as if the information is inaccurate or violates their policies. Additionally, even if a search engine removes a search result, the information may still be available elsewhere online.
Be sure to delete or hide your resume in the candidate dashboard before submitting this request. Search engines may reject your request if your resume is still available through a link.
Contact us if you need additional help with this.