A welcome letter or email to new hires is a document an employer sends to a new employee in order to welcome them in their new workplace, team and company.
Except giving a warm welcome to the new employee, a welcome letter to new employee also provides important information about their first day on the new job.
The importance of a welcome letter or email to new employee
Sending a welcome letter to new employees is a very important step in creating a successful and effective onboarding process.
By sending a welcome letter to new employees, you are letting new hires know that you are happy about them being part of the team. By saying welcome to our team, you will make them feel better and more secure about the new decision.
Also, sending a welcome letter to new employee is important for providing important orientation information will help your new employee feel more relaxed and at ease about their first day on a new job.
Make sending a welcome letter to new employees a routine!
How to use this template for a welcome letter or email to new employees?
To help you save time, we have created a standard Welcome letter or email to new hires template. Use this welcome email or letter template to say welcome to our team to your new employees!
Feel free to customize this welcome letter to new employee to suit your needs, and send it via email or traditional mail a few days before your new employee start date.
Template for a welcome letter or email to new hires
Here is the welcome letter to new employee template you can use to say welcome to our team:
Dear [insert candidate’s name],
Welcome to [insert your company’s name]!
We are pleased to have you joining our team. Are you ready to fall in love with your new job and meet your great new [insert appropriate term: colleagues/teammates]?
I hope you are, because [insert appropriate expression: it’s going down/your first day on the new job will take place] on [insert appropriate date]. We’ll be expecting you at [insert appropriate hour] at [insert appropriate address].
We planned your first day in order to help you settle in easily. Here is an outline of what you can expect:
- First things first – a short stop for a morning coffee in our [insert appropriate place: office kitchen/coffee room/cafeteria]!
- Next, you will visit Human resources department to sign an employment contract, benefit forms and the rest of the necessary paperwork.
- Following, we’ll get you settled in your new office and set up your accounts, phone and computer.
- Then you will have a short onboarding presentation with our Human resources team who will introduce you to our company’s policies, culture, mission and vision, employee perks etc.
- After that, you will meet your [insert appropriate role: supervisor/team lead/ manager/etc.] who will brief you about your new position.
- During lunchtime, you will meet your new [insert appropriate term: colleagues/teammates] in a casual atmosphere.
Our dress code is [insert appropriate style: casual/formal].
If you have any questions or need additional information, we will be happy to answer. Please don’t hesitate to contact us by email [insert your email address] or phone [insert your phone number].
Once again, congratulations, we are lucky to have you join us! We look forward to meeting you on your first day.
[Your name and signature]