Looking for Control-Alt-Delete on a MacBook? Here’s how to rid yourself of a frozen app.
There are several ways to force quit an app on a Mac:
- Press and hold the Command (⌘) and Option (⌥) keys while clicking on the app’s icon in the Dock.
- Press and hold the Command (⌘) and Shift keys, then press the Q key. This will quit all open apps.
- Use the Force Quit option in the Apple menu (located at the top-left corner of the screen). Click on the Apple menu and then click on Force Quit. Select the app you want to quit and then click on the Force Quit button.
- Use the keyboard shortcut Command + Option + Esc to bring up the Force Quit Applications window. Select the app you want to quit and then click on the Force Quit button.
- Go to Activity Monitor and find the process of the app, then click on the “X” button to force quit it.