Deleting your LinkedIn account is a straightforward process that can be done through the LinkedIn website. Here are the steps to follow:
- Log in to your LinkedIn account: Go to the LinkedIn website (linkedin.com) and log in to your account.
- Go to the ‘Settings & Privacy’ page: Once you are logged in, click on your profile picture in the top-right corner, and then click on “Settings & Privacy.”
- Select “Account Management”
- Select “Closing your LinkedIn account”
- Review the details and click on the “Close account” button.
- Confirm the action: LinkedIn will ask you to confirm your decision, follow the prompts to confirm the action.
Please keep in mind that deleting your LinkedIn account is a permanent action and it will delete all your data, profile, connections, and other information. Also, LinkedIn will deactivate the account first for a period of 30 days, during that time you can reactivate your account if you change your mind.
Also, before you delete your account, you may want to consider downloading your data from LinkedIn (like your connections, endorsements, and profile information) by going to the “Data privacy” tab in the “Settings & Privacy” page.